Dagger Records?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by catnipdynamite, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catnipdynamite

catnipdynamite Well-Known Member Thread Starter

So, I finally got around to ordering a copy of the "Hear My Music" CD. Went through checkout, chose the "three to five day shipping option" and placed my order.

I then got an email saying that my item was on backorder. Why in the world would they list the CD as being in stock and then tell me that it is on backorder?

Also, does anyone have any idea if the CD is actually going to be re-pressed or is my money just going to hang in limbo?

2. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Are any of the Dagger CDs (except maybe Live at George's Club) actually in print and available? They are very scarce elsewhere around the web and command very high prices.

3. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Ooooh, that's interesting information - I have a bunch stashed away somewhere.

4. catnipdynamite

Well, if you go by the website, they're all still available. Snagged a copy of "Morning Symphony Ideas" on eBay, and "Hear My Music" is the one that I wanted the most.

5. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Dagger Records? Are they known for edgy releases?

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

They've been out of stock for a few weeks several times in the past. Usually around Xmas or whenever there's a big Jimi release.

7. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

It's a label used by Experience Hendrix to release material that is of lesser sound quality than what is suitable for mainstreams releases: Dagger Records | Official Jimi Hendrix Bootleg Albums

Maybe "Jimi Hendrix" should be added to the thread title to get some more input, as I'd also like to know if anyone has been able to buy Dagger releases recently.

Natural E likes this.
  8. Carl Swanson

I was just making a (bad) pun.

But it was not pointless.

All Down The Line likes this.
  9. catnipdynamite

Yeah, I realized that after I posted the thread.

10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Cut it out.

11. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I'm sure there are many members who don't know what Dagger Records is, but on the other hand they wouldn't be able to give any input anyway, so maybe the thread title is sufficent after all.

12. Carl Swanson

Lord help me, I can't stop.

13. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Man, what I wouldn't give for a Living Loving Wreck label imprint for Led Zeppelin, with $12 and $15 official bootlegs.

catnipdynamite and Clucking like this.
  14. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I guess you are a new member and your posts need approval, as this appeared after all the posting above - so welcome! :)

I know they're available at the site, or at least that is how it appears, but I was thinking if maybe this was a mistake and everything was listed regardess of availability. I am missing a lot of these, they're generally not available over here in Europe and shipping and customs makes it so expensive to order from the US, but nowadays they can't be found anywhere else. I had planned to make an order from Authentic Hendrix, but I wouldn't want to have just some of it ship, as customs add a flat fee I'd like to get everything in one go. I have sent a message via the site, let's see if they reply.

15. SoundAdvice

clhboa likes this.
  16. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

I hate this more than almost anything.

17. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I suppose someone could've purchased the CD at the same time you did...odds of that are low though.

18. Judge Judy

No, this is A Thing. I had it happen not just with them but with a lot of other online sellers, where they say they have something, you buy it, and then they tell you it's on backorder. I don't know if it's incompetence, dishonesty or just obliviousness, but it's put me off buying from a lot of places before. I mean, how hard is it not to sell something you don't have in stock, and then sell it when it comes in?

Dave likes this.
  19. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Oh, this is direct from their site? I assumed it was Amazon. Yeah if their site is doing it, that's not cool.

20. Judge Judy

Not only that but they would place a limit on how many copies you could buy. They wouldn't let you buy more than three, like in your entire life. I LOVED the Baggy's Rehearsal set and wanted to give it as a gift to a couple of people I knew who I thought would really appreciate it, and they told me I could only buy two, because I had already bought one for myself and after two more copies my quota was exhausted. That seemed extremely bizarre to me and I couldn't understand why they would possibly have that policy.

21. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

To their credit, maybe that's to cut down on flippers buying big chunks to resell on Ebay when they're out of print.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  22. Judge Judy

I suppose that's possible, although I don't see why they care what people do with it when they've bought it. I have four published books and I was in a band with two CDs. I didn't care (and don't care) if people want to buy 500 copies to insulate their roof. I don't care what they do with it as long as they buy it.

catnipdynamite likes this.
  23. SoundAdvice

They've been out of stock for a few weeks several times in the past. Usually around Xmas or whenever there's a big Jimi release. NOT out of print.

(my posts get blocked for 8 hours)

24. catnipdynamite

I'm just hoping to get the CD. I really want to pick up the "Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions" disc, but I'd rather not have to run into the "backorder" thing again.

25. catnipdynamite

I ended up buying a copy of the CD from Discogs. We'll see if the one that I ordered from Dagger ever shows up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.