Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

This isn't real dance competitions, it's a tv show and I would love to here more of what they are saying. Carrie-Ann Inaba is an American dancer, choreographer. Bruno Tonioli is an Italian choreographer, dancer. Julianne Hough is an American dancer so they know what they are doing.

Texastoyz and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

I wonder who is going to get eliminated next.

3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

The judges on DWTS are more like the TV commentators who are on during the Olympics, not the Olympic judges. In other words, they are there to provide some analysis but -- more than that -- entertainment.

4. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

This is the first season I can remember where on night two they show footage of night one with commentary from the judges. I said it a couple of weeks ago, Bruno came off very mean spirited with this earlier in the season.

Most of these contestants are either permanently past their prime or never even had a prime (when did this turn into Rocky??? "What about my prime Mick, 'least you had a prime!":D) so it serves no purpose to be mean to them. If I was a judge, pulling a paycheque on the backs of others putting themselves into an unfamiliar situation like dancing in front of millions, I'd tread lightly.

5. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I'm amazed at all of the 9's and now 10's being handed out. Now it seems 8's are only for suckers.

6. MikaelaArsenault

Who does everybody think is going to get eliminated next?

7. SizzleVonSizzleton

Up to me, Amber goes next, then Maureen, then Ryan Lochte. They're the three lesser dancers in my opinion, but I never know what to guess because I've never trusted the voting system.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. MikaelaArsenault

I think it will be this: Ryan, Amber, and then Maureen.

9. SizzleVonSizzleton

I thought Julianne was correct last week about Marilu needing to get out of her own way and she did that this week. Maureen seemed to do that this week as well. Ryan and Amber both seem like they haven't let go and allowed themselves to be all in on the experience.

10. MikaelaArsenault

Will there be a results show tonight along with an elimination? Or no?

11. SizzleVonSizzleton

No show tonight. No elimination this week.

12. MikaelaArsenault

Okay. Thank you.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  13. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Carrie-Ann and Bruno were backup jazz & hip-hop dancers who did music videos in the 80's & early 90's. While lovely & colorful, respectively, neither were ever involved in the competitive ballroom world. Len is a real ballroom judge from England, and Julianne's accomplishments in the ballroom world & on DWTS are well known.

14. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

The gymnast and the race car driver are a big cut above the rest, followed by the short lady.

15. shokhead

Which means they all know a sh$t load more then any of us on this forum.

16. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Speak for yourself.

17. shokhead

Well I guess it was a wild guess on my part.:sigh:

18. MikaelaArsenault

Looks like SizzleVonSizzleton was right after all. Amber did get eliminated last night.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  19. shokhead

Yep and nust a tad to snooty for me.

20. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Well Max was there in the morning on GMA...live from LA. Amber wasn't there. Old Maxsim looked all happy. Now he got himself some extra money and some baby stuff for his new family and he's out of there until the money starts running out.

21. SizzleVonSizzleton

I thought the judging was a little all over the place this week. They (and Julianne in particular) seemed tougher with the scores early in the season, now they seemed to be easier. Which strikes me as odd because the further along they go the more you would expect the judging to be harsher with increased expectations.

They were really off base telling Terra that her facial expressions were on point with the paso doble. She wasn't expressive at all and I don't know why they told her otherwise.

Seems like I was too quick to anoint Laurie with the title; seems like Jana and James are right up there. It might be a case of 'slave to the moment' though, a week with sexuality being on display just isn't going to favor Laurie. Especially given that dance by Jana and anyone dancing with the insanely sexy Sharna. At least there is some competition.

One thing I thought was interesting was seeing how Jana would react to an emotionally intense performance with a man given that she spoke of being the victim of domestic violence. I don't think you can discount that.

And in that same way, I can't help but wonder if that is part of what torpedoed Amber. I shouldn't rely on this for information (and I probably should just stay away from this altogether....LOL) but wiki says she was stripping at age 15 after her parents divorced. Causes me to wonder if there's some past issues that wouldn't let her open up to the experience of performing intimately with a man in such a bright spotlight.

Max seemed like way less of a jerk this season. That role seems to have been taken by Artem. Maureen seems pretty childlike and damaged and Artem isn't the best person for her.

MikaelaArsenault and Texastoyz like this.
  22. shokhead

Maureen must have done some serious drugs at a gon a dose for a while.

MikaelaArsenault and Texastoyz like this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

I wonder who will be the next contestant to get eliminated tonight. I think Ryan Lochte.

24. shokhead

[QUOTE="WhoseLineFan, post: 15264297, member: 50292"o
    I wonder who will be the next contestant to get eliminated tonight. I think Ryan Lochte.[/QUOTE]
    Doesnt matter as long as the last 3-4 are the right ones left.

25. MikaelaArsenault

Oh no! Maureen did get eliminated last night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.