Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Jenna is an alumni of SYTYCD (see sample link below), and is a doll in every good sense of the word. She was part of the DWTS troop for a season or two, is now one of the competing pros.

Where she is lacking is in the choreography side of things, but Sharna can participate in putting together their dances while she recuperates.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Calvin is a very lucky man to have those girls and either side of him. Man, he could win?

Texastoyz likes this.
  3. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I was very sad with this week's elimination. :cry:

4. shokhead

Yes but it was the right order.

5. shokhead

Not really surprised at the winner. Good season.

6. shokhead

Mischa Barton says she wasn't treated right on the show.
    If I had to guess who complained she would have been my first choice.

7. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

She seemed fragile and ignorant of what she'd signed up for. First off, despite the possible implications of the title of the show, in many cases the professional dancer is a bigger star than the amateur 'star'. And for these professionals to have gotten to the level they are at is a testament to a work ethic and a competitiveness that should never be underestimated. I'm sure the pros can accept if you're lousy but if you're not giving it your all they're going to see through you in one second and have no respect for you.

Imagine training with some Navy Seals or playing golf with Tiger and Phil and Rory. They can probably accept that you're failing but if you don't appear to be trying they'll eat you alive.

That was Mischa's problem and she'd be better off to own it. She looked bad on the show and she shouldn't extend that look by whining about it.

8. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

She should be lucky that the show has sometimes low standards so that she would even be considered. She's like Lindsay Lohan but without the big Hollywood presence she once had. Mischa never had it at all and I liked Mischa's work when she was younger.

9. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Mischa had a totally distorted view of herself & her dancing abilities (she commented on camera that she thought she was a good dancer). In truth, she has zero musicality & limited body awareness. As others have said, not having certain innate dancing abilities up front is ok, as long as you are trying & put the effort in. She chose to blame her pro & the show for her own shortcomings.

I too was a fan of Mischa's work when she was younger (loved the movie "Lawn Dogs"), and expected her to be more self-aware.

Ballroom dancing has an interesting way of bringing out the real person, for better or for worse.

shokhead likes this.
  10. shokhead

Boy that's for sure. I think we get to see the real.

11. shokhead

12. shokhead

Interesting bunch.

13. SizzleVonSizzleton

That episode wasn't nearly the train wreck I thought it was going to be. Seemed like there was more hilarious sexual innuendo last night than in most entire seasons.

As usual we have to listen to the horse**** about the gymnast and the figure skater NOT having an advantage. Not to mention there's an actual dancer in the cast, which I understand Charo isn't happy about. Charo, mind you, seems crazy. I missed some of the comments and then she got bonkers at Bruno about his use of English but I couldn't tell if she was joking or really off her rocker.

Felt bad for Mr. T. He has no business being there but then again he's a better dancer than Chris Kattan. Now he is a train wreck. I see he was arrested for drunk driving a couple of years back and he certainly looks like he's not quite right, not healthy. And he mentioned a neck injury which makes you wonder why he would subject himself to this. And subject me to this because he's terrible. Whitney must have wanted the season off so she agreed to take on a guy who has no chance of going beyond a week or two.

That Erica Jayne, I'd never heard of her before and she seems like an awful human being and I won't say much more. She's literally the type that will at minimum get me to mute her segments or go as far as to stop watching the show altogether. And she's paired with Gleb who's as arrogant as they come as well.

Cannot express how much I'd like to punch Maks in the face. It was weird too that when Peta and her partner were backstage after dancing Erin mentioned their child and Peta looked mortified.

Also, during one of the backstage interviews after a dance (it was downstairs so it might have been the Peta one), someone was standing next to Sharna. I assume it was her partner. But anyway Sharna greeted the dancers and then stepped back into the line and the man next to her to her left touched her upper thigh with his right hand and then his hand went straying even further inland. She very casually took a hold of it and moved it back. He better be careful with my girl Sharna!

14. SizzleVonSizzleton

15. shokhead

Saw that when it happened. She removed his hand and didn't bat an eye.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

This is not the Season 23 thread anymore, it is now Season 24.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  17. SizzleVonSizzleton

I know. Is there a new thread for the new season?

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

No. There isn't one.

19. MikaelaArsenault

20. MikaelaArsenault

21. MikaelaArsenault

22. MikaelaArsenault

23. shokhead

Cool!

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

25. MikaelaArsenault

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.