Daredevil - Netflix Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dr. Pepper, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I think she's got it? I think she's got it?

I don't understand the reference as applied to me, wavethatflag.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. Some of you comments may be answered as you watch more episodes this the comment just you wait .....

wavethatflag likes this.
  3. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I'm taking it in slowly like Vidiot. I'm through episode 5. I hope I haven't seen the last of the Punisher. Elektra....I find my self having to turn the surround sound up to full volume to understand here. SPEAK< the f*** UP! Other than that, she's eye candy at it's finest, yum!

I hope they Keep Karens character as she is right now. I don't think I can really handle her turning into the oh so tragic figure that she was in the comic book.

Foggy is a good Ying to Matts Yang..they could've done a better job with the casting of his role Imo.

Vidiot and musicalbeds like this.
  4. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

I have maybe two or three episodes to go and am loving this season. I think the callbacks to season 1 work extremely well.

5. I have a 5.1 set up and heard all the dialogue quite well. Might want to up your center a bit maybe ?

6. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I've finished season 2. I held out and kept from binge watching and savored every second. What a great great show this is. I'm going thru withdrawals now. I'm patiently going to have to wait for season 1 of Luke Cage and season 2 of Jessica Jones.

musicalbeds likes this.
  7. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Active Member

Excellent show! Unlike many comic book movies/series, this is pretty true to the feel of the comic - well, the Miller, Bendis, Smith etc version.

musicalbeds likes this.
  8. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'm also taking it slow, I initially watched the 1st 4 episodes (very solid), waited weeks before re-visiting it, was disappointed with the initial Elektra introduction, the actress isn't good enough IMO. Since than, the show's returned to form but it isn't as good as the 1st season. Hate the suit, that overly busy Bale/Ironbat look that's currently in mode is repulsive to me.

9. Well you can always rewatch key episodes over time.

10. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I'll have to disagree/Season 2 is far and away better. Darker, grittier, more violent and The Punisher casting is spot on and Matt Murdock's hitting his stride. Elektra is just fine. I don't know if you could have found a better actress to play her. She, like Daredevil, like The Punisher, like all the rest are vulnerable and have their flaws which make the viewer relate to them even more so Imo.

PS.....The uni is bad-ass.

Encuentro and Mazzy like this.
  11. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I thought it was amazing! I had my doubts after reading a few of the reviews here, but the Hand, Elektra, the Punisher... it was all true to the comic, and I'm psyched that Netflix has now proven, via DD 1&2 and Jessica Jones, that it understands how to put together a great season of television based on a comic book series.

CrewU, Tree of Life, Shawn and 2 others like this.
  12. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Jon Bernthal deserves an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of The Punisher. He was amazing!

jwoverho, CrewU and Tree of Life like this.
  13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Watched the last 2 episodes last night. While the series didn't blow me away, it impressed in many ways. I don't think his performance was award-worthy, but Bernthal was the star of the season. The highlight of the season for me was his scene with the Kingpin. The producers need to move whatever mountains necessary to make sure these 2 actors work together again, hopefully within the Punisher's own series!

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Way too much use of the ninja fighting scenes for me. It's just got tiresome after awhile.

I didn't think this season was as good as the last. Bernthal did a very good job with his role.

Deesky likes this.
  15. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

The bad legacy of Frank Miller's run, but let's face it, it's not uncommon for action movies today

wayneklein likes this.
  16. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Saw series two during rowing excercise (two flies, one stone) and it occured to me that (for me) the season's finale was a bit of a disappointment. Three episodes before the ending I began to worry storylines were rushed (the were). If there were serious plotholes we'll know when series 3 will start.

wayneklein likes this.
  17. Evidently the lead in Jessica Jones lives up to the title of her cancelled series The Bitch in Apartment B

18. The Bitch in Apt B was GREAT!

wayneklein likes this.
  19. Hopefully she won't upset Marvel too much where they fire her. Evidently she is getting difficult to work with from what I read Oma news report a couple of months back.

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Do you have a link? I haven't read anything about problems with Krysten Ritter.

musicalbeds likes this.
  21. Nah, I looked and can't find it now. I read it avout of month back. The article indicated that Ritter suddenly had an attitude on set because of the success of the series.

Maybe it was sheer speculation at the time and they were forced to remove it. As I recall, it might have been the Enquirer or another of those rags. If I come across it again, I'll post it. I thought it was kind of interesting at the time. The thing is, it could also have come from a disgruntled coworker on set. You never know with these things as everything else I've read with all of her other shows indicated she was a consummate professional.

22. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Krysten Ritter is not an “ice queen” on the set of “Jessica Jones,” despite an off-base claim. Gossip Cop can exclusively correct the report, which comes from one of the tabloids. A production source tells us there’s “absolutely no truth” to the story.

According to OK!, Ritter has “alienated both crew and producers” on the set of her new Netflix series with her allegedly “demanding and temperamental antics.” A so-called “insider” is quoted as saying, “She was snapping over nothing and giving off the vibe that she didn’t want to be there.” The supposed tipster adds, “Krysten’s unpredictable behavior has taken everyone by surprise.”

Now OK! claims Ritter’s long-term career plans with Marvel may be in jeopardy. “Plans are up in the air,” alleges the magazine’s tipster. “The producers are ready to throw her under the bus — literally.”

Actually, it seems like OK! decided to throw facts and accuracy under the bus, because this Ritter piece has none. Gossip Cop checked in with a production source, who exclusively tells us, “It’s an entirely fabricated story.” What’s more, our impeccable source reveals, “She has a fantastic relationship with the producers and there were no issues on set.” The only issue, once again, is with the tabloid’s “reporting.”

Krysten Ritter An "Ice Queen" On "Jessica Jones" Set? »

Vidiot likes this.
  23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Who would believe something so unbelievable - that a middle tier actress who's star is rising, would sabotage her own reputation and future work offers by pissing everyone off in such a way? It just doesn't make any sense if you think about it.

Tree of Life likes this.
  24. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Halfway through. Murdoch is acting such a dick at the moment.

25. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Not saying this is true of Ms Ritter at all, but often people don't make sense. Sometimes emotional issues cause behaviors that are not logical, and often they can fuel or add substance to an actor's art and be bad for their career. And drugs and other addictive behavior can derail careers, though that would not be sensible. And this is not a complete list of possible reasons for behaviors that aren't logical.

Vidiot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.