Daredevil - Netflix Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dr. Pepper, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Vincent D'Onofrio steals the show, he's fantastic.

Mychkine, psychtrailmix and Mazzy like this.
  2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

With the exception of Foggy & Karen it's a pretty strong cast. Whenever those two are on screen I seem to always end up rewinding when I wake up.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    mindblanking likes this.
  3. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Started watching this Friday night. Looks promising.

4. psychtrailmix

psychtrailmix Forum Resident

Watched season 1 - awesome show.... Really enjoyed it. I think I saw that we need to wait till June 2016 for the next season?? Ahhh... well, good thing True Detective comes on in a couple weeks! Oh, I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Foggy acting like a little bitch about Matt... I wanted to punch him in the face during that whole thing! hahaha... Also, for an older woman, I found Vanessa to be incredibly physically attractive.

FVDnz likes this.
  5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I thought Deborah Ann Woll was very good in it and I didn't find her character boring in the slightest.

6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

7. FVDnz and Encuentro like this.
  8. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I really liked the use of the Jimmy Cliff tune "Many rivers to Cross " to open the last episode. This is easily the best Netflix original show. IMO.

9. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I liked the series quite a bit from about the fifth episode on. I disliked the Foggy character so much I found it hard to enjoy the show whenever he was part of the scene.

10. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

They over did Foggy's reaction to finding out about his Daredevil identity. A few too many college flashbacks. Foggy just came across as a tool.

11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

FVDnz likes this.
  12. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

We thoroughly enjoyed it. Look forward to season 2. For a Marvel show it was nice to see stuff that wasn't so frantic and interwoven which is becoming a little tiresome and distracting with the Marvel movies/Agents of Shield

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Vfx house Shade was responsible for enhancing the visceral style of the acclaimed fight scenes, in particular in the ninth episode (‘Speak of the Devil’) which has been recognized with an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Supporting Role.

Here is the scene and about 3/4 of the way in, they show some of the vfx work (you might need to click through to vimeo to watch it):

This article (The secrets of Daredevil’s seamless effects) interviews Shade visual effects supervisor Bryan Godwin about their work in the show. Interesting stuff.

Mr. H likes this.
  14. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Loving the casting choices for Punisher and Elektra. And am I the only person who doesn't seem all that annoyed over Fulton Reed playing Senor Foggy?! ;)

My only gripe is them killing off Ben Urich as I would have loved to have seen him interact more in the MCU not to mention The Daily Bugle, seeing as Spider-Man will be entering the MCU beginning next year in Captain America: Civil War.

davenav likes this.
  15. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Spoiler alert how 'bout!!!

ha ha. I'm only halfway through the series so far but it's awesome! Much better than I anticipated.

16. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Aww, sorry about that buddy! :p

ampmods likes this.
  17. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Late to the party as always. Just finished watching Season 1 of Daredevil.

Overall I enjoyed it, though I think it started more strongly than it finished. Certainly in terms of visual style: early episodes had some striking scenes (the girl in a dark apartment bathed in light from a neon sign; the hallway fight; the rotating camera POV) but nothing after that was really memorable until Fisk was lurking in the shadows of Ben's apartment in the penultimate episode (well there was the shot of Fisk and Vanessa watching the burning buildings in the middle episodes but that seemed a bit Fight Club).

And I also prefer the "The Man In The Mask" outfit to the Daredevil outfit. The tone shifted very noticeably from gritty but violent crime drama to comic book at that point.

Looking forward to Season 2. Hoping to see more of Nursie this time :)

--Geoff

18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Can't wait for Season 2. Their saying 2016.. Bummer.

Jon has done quite well for himself. Still miss him on Walking Dead.

19. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Love how they're like, "We're a TV series, we don't have to rush into anything like Elektra. We can hold off and just let these stories unfold naturally." *immediately puts in Elektra*

Studio pressure, perhaps? My fear is they're going to cram too many characters into the new season and pull a Spiderman 3/Batman Forever.

20. tommy-thewho

Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa was also great supporting character.

21. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

No discs yet. Sigh.

22. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Coming back March 18th with season two!!!!!

23. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

24. tommy-thewho

Yes....

Glad they have a date set.

musicalbeds likes this.
  25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Here's the teaser, with an overload of religious motifs!

turnersmemo and FVDnz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.