Dark Matter - new Syfy Sci-fi show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

I like Five myself. She's got the cute factor going for her.
    Android is pretty smokin' now that she lets her hair down sometimes. Still way too reminiscent of Seven (of Nine) to take her seriously.
    The story has gotten a little better but I'm two episodes behind. I'm gonna watch all 3 tomorrow & see how it 'ends'.

Scope J likes this.
  2. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Five is cute but underage:Dand the android is not hot at all IMO. I would not say no to a direct proposal from her but she just pales in comparison with Two or Nyx (close tie there):cheers:

3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Total cliffhanger !

i guess it's to be expected

4. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

In what parallel reality is that? :laugh: She's been of legal drinking age for nearly a year in this universe.:p
    I'd gladly buy her a drink. :D

I did finish the season & yes it ended pretty good. The story became more interesting this year & I have a bit more enthusiasm for next season than I did a year ago.

5. The Pinhead

Phew ! This is a public forum dude ! I didn't want the ¨pedo¨accusation thrown at me. I'd so totally do her. Nice round piece of @rse she has :nyah::drool:

6. mds

mds Forum Resident

Just discovered on Netflix and bin watched season 1 in a few days. Hey it's TV and I really liked all the characters. Each one was different from the next. Yes it's like Firefly and that is good, more serious. Just started season 2, not as good, the first couple episodes but it's picking up now. Glad I discovered this series and recommend to others who like sci-fi.

I wish Helix had been more popular, enjoyed that also and was disappointed when it was cancelled after season two. It was just getting really interesting.

7. mds

mds Forum Resident

Bumping this up again just to warn this season is a bit disappointing. The plots are not nearly as interesting and it has become just another hour long series with some pretty poor acting. Not sure what happened with the acting. I thought the acting in the previous seasons felt real but now it is so mechanical and stilted. Maybe the actors realize the show is doomed and just can't play the roles anymore knowing this will be it. I am going to finish out the season but can't imagine this moving past this season. I hope they conclude it nicely and not just run out of steam.

8. The Pinhead

Totally agree.

Disagree. The only downside is they killed Nyx, who was easy on the eyes:cool:

9. Well not in reality. The gal that plays five is 22.

The Pinhead likes this.
  10. I would agre...so far. I think they are putting of the direct conflict between the Raza and Hiro.

11. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

Watched the first couple episodes. Its not great, but seems decent enough. Just not sure I can hang with it for it's entirety.

12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Does it matter,
    Dark Matter..season 3?

13. mds

mds Forum Resident

Hmmm, yes to me, I really enjoyed the show and thought where it was headed could make for good viewing and at least another two seasons. The actors, all of them on board the Raza were very likable, and multi-dimensional. I enjoy watching a show where I can relate and like at least one of the main characters and in this show I could relate to and like all of them, so yes it matters to me that the show was cancelled.

The Pinhead and alexpop like this.
  14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

3 is the final season?

15. mds

mds Forum Resident

Yes unfortunately.

16. The Pinhead

Well now they've cancelled Outsiders as well, and that was a hell of a show IMO:realmad:

17. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

Do they use the Porcupine Tree song for the theme?

18. mds

mds Forum Resident

I've turned my attention to The Expanse. This is great SciFi also a bit more serious. The SciFi channel canceled this one also however Amazon Prime picked it up. If the SciFi channel keeps starting shows, then hooks you into a few season to cancel without a strong resolution why watch this channel? I believe they are going to loose a lot of viewer with how they have chosen to handle good series.

wayneklein likes this.
  19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Syfy disn't really 'start' this show - it merely bought a very limited, one-shot 'live TV' broadcast license from the production company, which is now producing the show for Amazon. Other than that, Syfy wasn't involved in creating or producing the show in any way. And yes, The Expanse is the best scifi on TV (along with Westworld).

wayneklein likes this.
  20. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Not really a lot of competition. I think 'Red Dwarf' is second. I got three episodes behind on 'Westworld' and caught up this week. Didn't miss much. 'Dark Matter' was excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.