DAVID BOWIE Cracked Actor LP due April 22, 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick jones

nick jones Forum Resident

sigma reel songs ep

2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

A "real anxiety" to miss an item? Well... I don't know. I think people need to be cooler about these things. So what if you miss an item? Life goes on. And chances are you going to find it for a reasonable price a couple of weeks later. Please correct me but I couldn't think of a single essential Bowie release that came out in highly limited quantities and was never reissued. (The "Starman" picture disc 7" from 2012 doesn't count:evil:)

What's most likely is going to happen: People will grab these Bowie releases put them into thE bay. Prices will skyrocket for a couple of days. And then.... the sheer amount of copies will drive the prices back to normal. Just wait. And see.

3. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

And some people need to be cooler about people who aren't cool about these things. If you were really cool, you wouldn't sweat the hand-wringers so hard. They come with the territory.

I'm one of those people who favors waiting around until the last minute to buy concert tickets - usually. So I have empathy for people who twist themselves into the occasional knot, and pay too much to have what they want NOW NOW NOW, because like I said - usually.

Where I can, I offer advice, tips, experiences, etc. It's pretty easy to do without insisting they don't moan about scalping.

See? Easy, amirite? ;)

Neonbeam likes this.
  4. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

Completely agree, this should have been part of the box. On the plus side things like this help me overcome my impulsive desire to buy into future overpriced super deluxe editions... much like the recent McCartney download fiasco. Any more extreme fleecing like this and I'll be well and truly cured.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  5. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

Hopefully they edit out that bloody intro!

6. agn

agn Forum Resident

I kind of like it. Cats and dogs. When the cat starts crying... my cats freak out!

oldturkey and TonyCzar like this.
  7. olsen

olsen Senior Member

I was at this show (actually I saw all the LA shows) but never knew the rhythm section changed between the two legs of the tour! No wonder the feel was so different, LA seeming so much more energetic than the performances captured on David Live. "Knock On Wood", in particular, was a surprise fave at Universal and I looked forward to getting it on record but that DL version was so lifeless in comparison

Defrance, jhm, Groovy and 2 others like this.
  8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Excuse me while enjoy my copy of Heathen on SACD in surround sound.

IIRC, there's some extended mixes of songs hidden on that.

Tin Machine 2 on CD can be tricky to find. Limited, not reissued and who dare to call a Bowie studio album wasn't "essential"?

9. Greenblues

Greenblues Forum Resident

Great book! Charles Shaar Murray is one of my favourite writers. Co-author Carr also did an "Illustrated Record" on the Stones which is also quite interesting.

Remember - we just exchanged opinions on "Strange Fascination" (compared to David Live) some days ago - and now this release...
    I find it a bit cheap they didn't include it into the recent box set, I must say (glad, I don't own it).

Purple Jim likes this.
  10. Neonbeam

Weren't we talking about vinyl? Even though I'm not sure how "essential" "Heathen" on SACD is. I'm fine with my 2002 first pressing, thank you.

"Tin Machine 2" was never "limited" by the way. You seem to confuse it with "Oy Vey, Baby".

11. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Wasn't it shortly after TM2 was released that the official label TM were on ("Victory"??) just kind of blew up in a puff of lawsuits and recriminations, leaving all their acts in the lurch?

12. Neonbeam

Yes. Still "TM 2" has been a bargain bin staple for ages. On cd. The vinyl was always a bit more expensive.

13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

TM2 creeped up in price after he died. Totally OOP for 25 years, even if copies languished around for a long time.

14. Neonbeam

Yup. But it never was limited. Prices seem to come down a bit by the way. But a reissue is overdue. Maybe even as SACD:winkgrin:

(I know what the acronym stands for but being German the term "SACD" still has hilarious implications by the way:whistle:)

15. jabwylie

jabwylie Forum Resident

Portrait in flesh is pretty good. The idea of RSD is great, however the profiteers mess it up for everybody , seeing things on eBay the same morning is beyond annoying so I NEVER participate , if they want to reward , connect with real fans then do it another way, record stores are complicit they know the same dick heads who buy to eBay

scobb likes this.
  16. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

The day of the announcement about the upcoming RSD releases, there was a TM2 tile on the front page of his site. I've been half-expecting an announcement....

Neonbeam likes this.
  17. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

I was one of the very few who bought TM2 on it's release on vinyl. I still have it in mint condition, it doesn't get played much but Baby Universal is a great Bowie rocker.

18. Aleks Spectre

Aleks Spectre Well-Known Member

My all time favourite Bowie's concert and Big Brother Company will put this raw diamond in the market with only 5000 copies for rsd/ebay/discogs flippers...I'm shocked...
    The Universal Amphitheater must be available in a grand tirage on LP / CD.
    (Hey! The Record Company - if you read this - you shut down the vinyl boot edition of the same concert with raw mix from Bureau Supply to only gave a limited run with a new improved mix...shame on you !)

jhm, footprintsinthesand and SammyJoe like this.
  19. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I just hope that we get general release of these both later, especially the live-album will be interesting. If we're not necessary getting vinyl-release for general then atleast cd or digital-download.
    So, the rsd-release is restricted for these releases to be sold only in the US? Atleast I got that impression from the all comments posted here and elsewhere.
    That's too bad then,we (people in EU) have to wait and see if it comes available at some point. No support for flippers and their skyrocketing distortion prices.
    If I want to get some special limited-edition or rsd-release, I will gladly by it from my trusted record store at the price it was meant to be bought.

20. Aleks Spectre

Aleks Spectre Well-Known Member

I think it will available for the U.S and European market at the same time.
    And, honestly, i don't think that the record company will put the same triple vinyl edition for a wider audience in the future, but i hope I am wrong...
    Personally, I'm an inhabitant of the far French countryside and i don't get any record shops around (the nearest is at 60 kilometers), so i need to buy only by internet. RSD to me is so far...

21. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

The profiteers only exist because of low supply. If the record labels make supply meet demand, there is no gouging. 5,000 copies is a lot.

22. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

There's a post on the RSD thread that notes a Rhino press release that lists 17,000 as the figure. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5,000 number was for the US only.

e.s. likes this.
  23. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

They are definitely available in the U.K., so I'd say they'll likely be in Europe as well. In fact a search of Recordstoreday.co.uk shows there will be 4 Bowie releases; the BOWPROMO, Cracked Actor Live Los Angeles 1974, No Plan 12" clear blue vinyl with an etching on the B side and Placebo/David Bowie I'm Nothing Without You picture disc (vinyl).

24. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Plus Ian Hunter jumped on the RSD bandwagon

25. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Have to follow and see how things go. Hopefully can get the live-album from my local shop.

jhm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.