David Bowie - Heroes 2017 fixed remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

I like it. I don’t look at waveforms and all that, I just sit between my speakers and soak it all up!
    It plays well and is a good pressing .
    I like Low out of the set too, others don’t.
    It’s money well spent in my opinion. I haven’t played the CD yet, just the wax.

2. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I got the same email as everyone else. Case number etc.

Two week later got the very same email again, with a different case number. I only ended up buying the set once, on CD.

It's a very efficient process, clearly.

richard a likes this.
  3. jabbo5150

jabbo5150 Forum Resident

I got this e-mail on January 5, but have not received the disc nor have I received the out of stock e-mail, so I am not sure if mine is coming or not:

Hello David

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this.

Thank you for providing us with your proof of purchase receipt, we have now raised the replacement for you.

Your order number is

If you have any further questions at all, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Neha

Warner Music Customer Services

4. I'm in the same boat.

5. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

I received my replacement disc yesterday in the States after a January 9 email.

6. BrucePadgett

BrucePadgett Forum Resident

I don’t think they’re sending them out by date of request. Of course not.

7. monotone

monotone I know noothing.

I emailed them on the 9th and got a reply on the same day (with apologies it took so long...). The next day they emailed it was sent out and the replacement cd arrived a little over week later. No complaints there.

8. sammy davis junior

sammy davis junior Forum Resident

The fact that they don't know how many box sets they manufactured in the first place, and therefore how many lps and cds to repress as replacements, is pretty telling. They've only "fixed" it so that they can put out the standalone version without looking like complete incompetents, and the act of doing so obviously meant they had to offer replacements - so they're trying to tread a fine line between saving face with their audience, whilst not going out of their way to fix the problem if they don't have to - hence not repressing the right amount and instead crossing their fingers that not everybody will seek a replacement.

I've not got mine yet, but I'm not that bothered - it's not going to get played when it does come - it'll just sit in the box gathering dust on the off chance that I can sell it later down the track to help finance paying for a future release which does this, and the other albums from the period, justice.

scobb, DHamilton and Pouchkine like this.
  9. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

Low and Heroes are good in this set. I slightly prefer the rca discs but the box versions are good too.

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

What are you folks doing with the old disc when you get your replacement?

11. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Should the replacement actually arrive, it'll go in the box with the old one. The old one will just sit there.

12. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

I can’t play my RCA Low anymore,
    I accidently left it in direct sun and it’s very warped! :(

13. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

O bummer, their are quiet expansive if you will replace them with other rca's

14. RobbL

RobbL Forum Resident

I received my replacement CD today. The problem section (2:42-2:50 on "Heroes") is audibly and visibly fixed. I used Fission on my Mac to open the FLAC versions of both the original and replacement versions and listen to loops of the sections. In the original, the volume boost and cut are quite noticeable, and they are gone in the replacement.

Rob Hughes and pablorkcz like this.
  15. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

Just got my vinyl replacement in the mail today. The last email I received was the one posted above by jabbo5150, so that email seems to be the closest they seem to get to a notification of shipment. I have to say I'm pleased with how they've handled the replacement situation, though I might not be if I were not plugged in to this site--otherwise I'd have had no way of knowing about the existence of the replacement program.

Henry Spencer likes this.
  16. Arliss Renwick

Arliss Renwick Forum Resident

Got mine (vinyl) today. Put in my request for a replacement about three weeks ago, so a pretty good turnaround.

17. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

I’m still waiting and received an email yesterday saying that “due to high demand we are waiting for more copies of the replacement to be produced”.

Which is a bit crap really.

Obviously they only ran off a small number of replacements and it looks like now I’ll be waiting for the standalone release to be sent as the replacement.

I requested a replacement as soon as I was aware that it was possible to do so, thanks only to this site, (and no thanks to Warner’s) so I am not impressed.

18. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

It seems they are processing returns based upon whatever is top of the email list, rather than first come first served.

Curveboy likes this.
  19. Henry Spencer

Henry Spencer Forum Resident

Received e-mail a month ago, thought they forgot about me, and lo and behold my replacement vinyl showed up in the mail today.

20. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

It's strange how this is going and also Im not too impressed with what they are doing for the matter.
    I also sent them email as soon as it was announced here and on superdeluxeedition, the date was 8th of december.
    There was some info missing from the first email I sent, so I sent another with my full info and attached receipts on both emails. Heard nothing back for while.
    Then on january 4th I received 2 different emails "Thank you for providing us with your proof of purchase receipt, we have now raised the replacement for you."
    Both emails had different order-numbers, to which I replied and mentioned that I already anyways asked for LP+CD and they could emerge my cases, I wouldn't need extra replacements anyways.

I got the next email on january 17 confirming that they had merged the order-numbers and mentioned that I would now receive LP+CD as I asked.
    Email had this: "Thank you for providing us with your proof of purchase receipt, we have now raised the replacement for you."

Another email came to me on 24th of january:
    "Unfortunately, due to high demand, we are waiting for more copies of the replacements to be produced.
    As soon as we receive these your copy will be dispatched to you."

Now today, as I asked there whereabouts and approximate time for the dispatch etc, if they had got more info I got this reply:
    "Please accept our apologies in the delay in dispatch of the replacement.
    We are not expecting to receive the replacements until mid to late February unfortunately."

Not sure how they manage, prioritize and sort the emails or in which order they sort out the dispatching of the replacements, but one would think they could sent them much sooner if you happened to ask them among the first.
    Usually, any sort of replacement that I have asked have gone much smoothier, but this has taken a bit more time than I originally had thought that it would take.
    Anyways, Im waiting and hoping to receive the replacements as soon as possible.

21. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

And I asked today if they will send any sort of confirmation once the replacements have been dispatched, this was the reply I received shortly:
    "Unfornately, you will not receive an email. Could you please contact us in mid February so that we can give you more information on this."
    To which I replied back, gave couple comments on how this has gone so far and asked them few questions.
    If the reply provides anything significant I will mention it here aswell.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  22. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

You should finally tell them that you're actually Paul Sinclair of SuperDeluxeEdition and that you created an account under a different name just to check how Warner Music actually handles replacements in real life.

Six Bachelors likes this.
  23. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

It’s pretty clear to me that this whole replacement program has been done piecemeal and absolutely with no logical thought or organisation. Doesn’t matter when you emailed, if you reminded them nicely or even got angry. There’s clearly no logic whatsoever to the order in which replacement cds and vinyl have been sent out or are still to be sent out in the future.
    Shoddy doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Vaughan likes this.
  24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

This is the reply I received:

Hi Sami,

Many Thanks for your email.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.
    Unfortunately due to the large amount of replacement requests each order had to be replaced manually.Sadly our system currently does not create shipment confirmation emails for manual orders.

Due to these high volumes unfortunately some orders took longer than others.
    We can confirm you will receive a replacement, however we apologise for the length of time taken to resolve this for you.

We recommend getting in touch again in two weeks time for an update on your order.

We apologise once again for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Natasha
    Warner Music Customer Services

25. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I agree that it seems random. The email messages you receive are the worst kind of mass mailing - low of specific information, and promises.

On the other hand, I'm not terribly bent out of shape about it. It'll come eventually, it's not something I can get annoyed about.

SammyJoe and scobb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.