David Gilmour - Live in Pompeii (Official Release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

Looking forward to reliving the shows on 13th

The Revealer and SteveFff like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Scott Sharrard, and Chank Middleton, revealed tonight that right after brother Duane, David Gilmour was Gregg Allman's favorite guitarist !!!!
    BIG Pink Floyd fan it turns out.

Love when all corners in my life begin to get closer.

3. Com4734

Com4734 Well-Known Member

When he was in the states this last time I was so tempted to go. Might never have another chance to see him (but at least I'll be at Roger Waters Us + Them on the 19th :D). If I could've afforded the tickets plus a hotel I'd have gone, as driving to Chicago or NYC and back to Pittsburgh the same day wasnt something that sounded very enjoyable. Anyways back on topic, definitely gonna get the LP when it comes out!

Hattipper likes this.
  4. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Forum Resident

Yeah,, I really don't understand it, Its freakin' annoying though.

Com4734 and Bonddm like this.
  5. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

I just saw that it's showing where I live. Had convinced myself it wasn't, and I was bumming. Not sure how I missed it. Got my ticket for Wednesday today!

I loved the show I saw in Chicago and I'm really looking forward to the chance to this in the IMAX.

6. Dog Ear

Dog Ear The 2nd Protects The 1st

Too bad the movie concert event is only one night. I get that its a limited release with a finite audience. Wish I could go but cannot. Buying the blue ray or dvd is nice but the experience of attending this in a theater with others, much more preferable.

Saw the Roger Waters' The Wall movie in the theater a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bought the blue ray and... well... "another video on the shelf" that rarely gets played yet always requires dusting.

7. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

Less than twelve hours to go! Date night with the wife who had no interest in spending the money on a live show ticket, but is all good with sitting in one of those comfy armchairs with the reclining seats at the theater we're going to this evening. A luxury seat for Pompeii....

8. kayley10

kayley10 Forum Resident

Can't wait for this evening!

SteveFff likes this.
  9. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Off to see this tonight myself. I'm impressed that plenty of venues seem to be carrying the film.

SteveFff likes this.
  10. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

Yes. At least five cinemas in Dublin are showing it, one of which has it at 7:30, another at 9:00.
    If one was bothered, they could go to the early one, and then drive to the later screening and see the final third all over again! :)

11. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Nice to know that Nick Mason is on the live album... kind of ;-)

12. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

I bought tickets this summer as soon as I found out about it. There were two theaters in the Chicago area selling tix then. Now there's a dozen. I still got the one closest to my house and easiest for my wife to get to coming from her work trip to meet me for dinner before the show. Meant to be!

13. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Forum Resident

Going tonight in Edgewater NJ.

:righton:

14. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Really looking forward to seeing this movie soon. Gonna be a great evening with wife.
    In fact its going to soon, in 15 minutes:cool:

The Revealer likes this.
  15. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I'm going tonight to the music hall to see this, Oldest theatre in NH and 14th oldest in the country.

The Revealer and SteveFff like this.
  16. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

I am currently in Budapest on business trip and was very disappointed that I needed to sell my tickets for the cinema at home which I had ordered right on the day of release. But today I was able to get a ticket for tomorrows presentation at Corvin Cinema here in beautiful Budapest. I am very happy and excited finally being able to share the experience :bdance:

budwhite, The Revealer and Myke like this.
  17. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Disappointed that I can't go tonight, still recovering from surgery on Saturday. I 'll have wait another couple of weeks for the Blu-ray.
    I hope everyone has a GREAT TIME tonight!!! :pineapple:

18. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

It was stunning.

The Revealer, LarsO and rontoon like this.
  19. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I'm taking my 7 year old son (youngest of 3), who is a big fan of post-Waters PF.:) I think he will grow up to be my concert buddy.

budwhite, Merman, Szeppelin75 and 3 others like this.
  20. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

It was great, although I notice looking at the blu ray tracklisting, that it seems to have been edited for the theatrical version.

rontoon likes this.
  21. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Get well soon, Ron!

siveld, Kalli, The Revealer and 4 others like this.
  22. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

If there weren't already enough cellphones in the movie. The people on either side of me were filming parts of the movie on their phone. Idiots.

supermd, budwhite, Matt S and 5 others like this.
  23. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Nothing else to say except the cinema experience was phenomenal. No-one is going to be disappointed.

24. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

I already am disappointed. It isn't playing in my town. :shake:

25. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Amazing experience!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.