DCC 030 Beach Classics

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Charlie990, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie990

Charlie990 Senior Member Thread Starter

On a recent visit to Tower Records online I did a search for titles on the DCC label. Up popped 221 titles. But all were out stock except for "Beach Classics". So I placed an order. Lo and behold the disc arrived here 4 days later. Before I get a chance to listen to this disc does anyone have any comments as to the highlights on this release ? Several of these tracks rank as favorite songs of mine.

Charlie

2. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Charlie,

Just put it on and enjoy!:D

Great mastering....

Bob:)

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Good morning, Bob!

What do you think of that underdub of "I Live For The Sun"? Better than the original 45/Lp version(IMO), but I think someone forgot to mention the difference in their liner notes....now, who wrote those, my memory's a little faulty this morning....;)

ED:cool:

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I'll have to try HMV (the only major in Canada) to see if I can get this...

Thanks for the info., Charlie990!

5. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Good morning Ed,

I really like the 'I Live For The Sun' on there! Yeah who did write those liner notes?:laugh:

Bob:D

6. Ed Bishop

Yes, who indeed....:laugh:

But a must-have compilation. Now if only we could find a place where the 45 edits of "Wipe Out" and "Surfer Joe" could find a nice little home. My 45's are pretty much worn out through years of play, and it would be a treat to have those as they were heard nationally(I'll concede the possibility they are out there on CD in edited form, and I've just missed them).

Hey, you can't get enough great surf music.....:)

7. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Charlie ... Beach Classics is a great CD ... enjoy! :)

Ed ... I'll bet someone over at BSN could steer you toward the 45 edits of "Wipe Out" and "Surfer Joe".

(Note ... that's the trouble with "Spell Check" ... it can't catch mental lapses like writing "stir" when you "steer" :) )

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Charlie, after you give it a listen, please tell us your opinion...IMO, it's another gem in my Hoffman Collection...:) Right up there with the 2 Surf Legends & Rumors Cee Dee's...

9. Ed Bishop

They probably could...probably worth a shot, haven't been over there in a long time. Thanks for the suggestion, Cool Cat:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.