DCC Finds

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by njwiv, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

I finally found a copy of Jim Croce's 24 Karat Gold In A Bottle this weekend at Media Play! I'm so pleased to have it to go along with my Words And Music disc. The disc was only $26.99, and I was able to use a $3 off any CD Labor Day weekend coupon to cut the price to $23.99. Anyone else have any good finds this holiday weekend?

Jay

P.S. For the curious, the disc was not in a lift-lock case. As seems to be true of most, if not all copies, of this title, the booklet is too large to fit in the jewel case. Has anyone attempted to shave it down to fit? Looking at the absence of top and bottom margins around the lyrics in the booklet, it looks like it would be a trying task.

2. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Congrats on the Croce, Jay!

No DCCs or anything, but I did find the CBS Half-Speed Mastered LP of Blood, Sweat & Tears' Child is Father to the Man, near mint, at a local used-LP shop this weekend. It was unpriced, and the young girl behind the counter probably thought it was just another used record ... "$3.99," she said. Very cool! Sounds lovely ...

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

My copy was "liftlockless" also. The booklet fit fine in the standard jewel case.:)

4. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

Great find Jay! I didn't have any luck finding any DCCs this past weekend but I did get an amazing Beatle bootleg CD entitled "As Nature Intended". The disc contains the entire "rooftop concert" as well as Glyn Johns' first master tape compilation of the "Getback" sessions.

5. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Funny you should mention this boot, as I picked it up this weekend as well! It's great to have the complete rooftop concert, finally. Good stuff!

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I wonder if that one or another is a common Let It Be boot that features the sound from all camera recorders. One is featured from the Apple reception area. You can hear people call in and complain, some asking for office personel. The phone ringing, but the faint sound of the band on the roof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.