DCC Gold CDs are still available...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claus, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Actually, it came from their online store. IIRC, they had a stash of these pop up sometime last spring, I think. For reasons unknown, SG online occasionally digs up a collection of DCC titles. I got "Venus and Mars" through the site last spring, and I recently acquired "Speed of Sound" there. Dunno why these titles pop up like this, but I ain't complaining!

2. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Either Goody or Best Buy. I kept an eye on that auction last night; curious to see what it would go for. Considering a recent copy went for just $42 or thereabouts, surprised someone:rolleyes: would go that high:D :D ;)

Never can tell, can ya?:p

ED:cool:

3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Everybody knows there's still a lot of DCC titles for sale at www.musicforasong.com , right? And at discount prices, too. Of course, they don't have any of the really elusive, sought-after, holy grail type titles, but there's still some good stuff there.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Regarding musicforasong.com, note that some if not all of those DCC CDs could be cut-outs. If youa re a collector, beware. I've seen many cut-out DCC CDs in one of their stores.

5. KeithH

I just went to musicforasong.com, and all gold CDs are listed as cut-outs.

6. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

That is an excellent tip. I have just looked at the website, and there is not too many DCC LPs left, but the prices are reasonable considering what many of these go for almost anywhere else.

As for other catalogs (I have looked at OJC and ECM vinyl, in particular), it may be a little high, but the selection is very good.

7. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Regarding musicforasong.com, note that some if not all of those DCC CDs could be cut-outs. If youa re a collector, beware. I've seen many cut-out DCC CDs in one of their stores.

What is a cut-out?

8. Ralpho

Ralpho Senior Member

Cut-outs don't bother me at all. I've purchased lots of DCC golds from them at Totally Awsome bargain prices! Just replace the Jewel cases. I don't buy these to look at them- I want to play them! :D

9. Ralpho

Ralpho Senior Member

A DCC 'Cut-Out' has a small saw mark on the edge of the jewel case. No damage to the CD at all (also no damage to any of the inserts on the DCC cut-outs I've received)

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Sam Goody -is- Best Buy now...Could also be; Suncoast, On Cue, Media Play...all are Sam Goody off shoots bought up by Best Buy.

11. KeithH

Regarding cut-outs, sometimes you get lucky and find the cut in the top of the jewel case that isn't deep enough to damage the back insert. I bought a copy of the CCR Pendulum DCC gold CD at Music For A Song last summer that had a saw cut in the top of the case. I just replaced the jewel case, so now it looks like "A-stock". It certainly sounds like A-stock. :)

12. KeithH

Well, I got a reply from Carlo Zanotti at Audiomarketing. The good news is that a couple of the DCC gold CDs I want are still available. The bad news is that shipping to the US for two CDs is EUR 44,90. That's more than the cost of one CD. I passed as a matter of principle.

13. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

What methods of payment does he use? His site does not seem to mention anything.

45 Euros for 2 CDs is way too high even for courier shipment.

14. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

Insured airmail shipping might be that expensive, registered airmail shipping should be a lot cheaper.

Joachim

15. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I have sent virtually the same email as you, but haven't gotten a response yet. The shipping does sound outrageous, but if I can get 2 Nat King Coles sealed in the $105-110 range, that's still a savings over what they cost on ebay these days! Did he indicate whether he takes credit cards or how he expects payment?

16. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

It's a crap shoot. I have ordered DCC's from Music For a Song with severe saw marks that have cut into artwork. Others times, the saw marks have been barely noticeable.

17. danstone

danstone Senior Member

Still wondering if anyone here has ever dealt with Gotta Have It Music before? If so, any feedback on them is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

18. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I loved disc-o-rama. That's where I got all my Mofi's.

19. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Believe it or not, a couple of months ago I went into Discorama (the Villiage) and found Vince Guaraldi "Black Orpheus" and Sinatra "Live '57" there. They were 2 for $35! I took the last copies of them. Briefly though about re-selling "Black Orpheus" on e-bay for a lot more, but cracked it open and love it. (Thank you Steve!!)
    They still have a few left, but stuff that is available elsewhere. They also have some Gold Sony Mastersound (not the good ones) and the Jimmy Buffet MCA Ultimate MasterDisc (which is not that great).

20. KeithH

For those who asked, the e-mail I received from Audiomarketing indicated that they take MasterCard and Visa.

21. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

I wonder if it's factory sealed? It doesn't have a limited edition number sticker on the back under the plastic.

22. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

A lot of "24 Karat Hits!" copies don't have the limited edition number sticker!

Perhaps the edition was not that limited ... ;)

Joachim

23. KeithH

Hey, all. Thanks for the comments regarding a serial number on 24 KARAT HITS!. I know that the seller is fully legit, so I have no fears regarding the origin of this CD. ;)

24. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was

... And thanks to our man Andrew's heads up :) , I think the poor guy must have been blitzed with emails from forum members here in the last 24 hours or so!

I'm still waiting for a reply - he probably can't believe his luck!:laugh:

25. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The standard MCA Jimmy Buffett CDs and LPs (including the ABC original LPs of the 70s albums) do sound excellent for the most part and are the way to go for people on a budget who can't afford the few MoFi CDs that exist on couple of his titles (Son of a Son of a Sailor and A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean). Songs You Know By Heart is bright on the standard disc as well but is more acceptable sounding to many people than the MCA Ultimate MasterDisc version of the album. Stick with the standard discs for Jimmy, at least for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.