DCC Mystery Disc?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary Freed, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dear Mr. Port,

What can you tell me about the Aluminum DCC CD released in 1997 called Nat King Cole Sings for Two in Love. Are you familiar with this title. It seems to be the most obscure of all the Nats. I did put out some feelers over at the SH forum. The Discography lists the title but without DCC DZS numbers. Any info or leads would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Gary S. Freed

----- Original Message -----
    To: Gary S. Freed
    Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 12:53 PM
    Subject: Re: Nat King Cole

Never heard of it. Have you seen one? I have the catalogs from that year and it's not in there.
    TP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The title shows up on Steve's discography and also on Amazon as an Aluminum DCC CD released in 1997 called Nat King Cole Sings for Two in Love.

This is a bit of a mystery. Here are links to Amazon.com and Steve's Website Discography showing this title.

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...430?v=glance&s=music&n=507846#product-details

Steve Hoffman DCC Discography Link:
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/discography/dcc.shtml

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Weird.

Unreleased.

3. pauljones

pauljones Forum Chef

Steve,

Please put Sings for Two In Love on your project list, if it is possible. It was released on CD in 1987, remastered by Larry Walsh, and myself and several other forum members have remarked how great it would be for this classic album to have your touch.

Thanks,
    Paul;)

4. Gary Freed

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Great music. I know you would have done it justice!:righton:

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Nat's voice is soothing and peaceful. He has been a family favorite for years..I remember my Mom introducing me to him in the 60's...Love'd him ever since.:)

6. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Wow, I've never heard the Nat King Cole recording you're talking about ,but just hearing the name Larry Walsh gives me the chills. When his name began appearing on CD's that Capitol issued....they were terrible. first disc I heard remastered by him was "Ringo". No-noised to death. And it would be the same story for each disc he worked on. Sure glad we have the DCC copy of "Ringo"

7. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Whoops - I guess that's my fault!

I've updated the discography to list it as "unreleased".

HZ

8. Gary Freed

No DZS numbers were listed on Steve's DCC discography. That gave me the first clue, but then when I saw it on Amazon I did a double take.:eek:

Although Amazon lists the CD as being out of stock, there are five people who have the item reserved when it comes in. .:shake:

I guess it could be a long wait..:sigh:

I wonder if Steve mastered it before the decision was made not to release it. Wishful thinking .:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.