DCC Archive DCC Sampler

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kenny, Sep 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny

Kenny New Member Thread Starter

There is a DCC sampler being bidded in Ebay @ USD 99.00 ! I love to have this disc but it seems that I cannot afford it. Hope DCC can release another sampler but this time using SACD format; exactly the same songs would be very fine. :p

2. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

I would agree that most of the Ebay prices on the DCC stuff is really outrageous ($50 for stuff you can get at Half.com for $14), but since according to John Harp's web site so few were printed, I think the price is appropriate- but since I only paid $10 for my copy at a used CD store, I guess my opinion isn't worth much in that regard.

"DCC Compact Classics GZS-PRO-1 "24 Karat Gold Sampler," released "Promotional Not For Sale" (2500 copies printed) circa April, 1993."

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Who were these samplers intended for? Surely not radio.

4. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

Good question for Steve. Its possible they were made to play in CD stores to get people to say, "Hey, that sounds super...where can I get that?" and then sell for full CDs.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

They were pressed for high end audio stores, music stores and radio stations, hand picked, such as the NPR/college stations and KPFK, WBAI type stations that had "Audio" shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.