De Agostini - Jazz at 33 1/3 rpm series in UK newsagents

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Willowman, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

There is a battered version of Joe Henderson in my local WHSmith.

2. Mark Radbourne

Mark Radbourne New Member

I've had no problems getting hold of them (touch wood) as I have a regular order with a local newsagent. Having said that though, I've been waiting for almost a month for the Joe Henderson issue to come in.

3. Tactical20

Tactical20 New Member

Joe Henderson only came out on 19th July, or was supposed to at least. As I say, my local never got it in, and it's not on the website to order either. Annoying because it was one I was most looking forward to! Typical!

4. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

As I have only ever used the website in my experience over the last few months the LPs usually appear on there several weeks after the release date, so don't give up hope.

5. Daveymoore

Just ordered Joe Henderson from the website, will now patiently wait a few weeks for delivery, not in a hurry.

jamo spingal likes this.
  6. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Forum Resident

Ditto

7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Shouldn’t be. They quote in both GBP and € and deliver to Ireland.

8. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Perhaps you didn’t click on our flag and it defaults to the British site?

9. Diorama

Diorama Forum Resident

I did click it indeedy. No worries.My local have been getting them in ok for the moment.

10. heliocentric

heliocentric Forum Resident

Song for my father is up on the website

11. jamo spingal

Blue and Sentimental arrived today, slightly under 3 weeks delivery. Not a problem now if used to it. Agree on the recording and sound quality. Definitely a late nighter listen.

12. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I find it amusing that one of the bonus gifts with a subscription is a cigarette lighter. That would never happen in the US, where tobacco use has become, uh, discouraged in many places.

[​IMG]

13. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

I think it was De Agostini who did a Zippo lighter collection a couple of years back. Smoking is pretty much as discouraged in UK as it is in the US, so it was a bit unusual to see this.

14. jamo spingal

Still big in Italy.

15. Patrick Cleasby

Patrick Cleasby Hi-Res idiot

Anyone understand how binder allocation is supposed to work for full time subscribers?

As I had accrued another 20 mags I ordered a pair of binders at for £13.99.

As it happened 41 and 42 turned up at the same time with an additional binder.

Are we supposed to be catered for (in arrears?).

Does anyone want to buy a pair off me?!

16. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

I ordered an extra binder after issue 20 last year at about £7.99 and it promptly arrived. But I have been trying to order another one as I am now at no. 43 but I just can't get them to respond so I would be interested in buying one off you.

Richard

17. Patrick Cleasby

Patrick Cleasby Hi-Res idiot

Crap aren't they? Are you subscribing or buying ad hoc then?

What happens when you order? mine only took a couple of weeks?

(Happy to send you one for £7 plus postage BTW)

18. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Worst company I've ever dealt with. I want to order the Joe Henderson album but have been totally put off by their terrible service. There's been a few of these that I've bought on CD instead of DeAgostini because they either didn't arrive at my local WHSmith or they arrived with a badly creased sleeve. I didn't want to deal with DeAgostini at all.

19. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

My local WHSmith seems to always get the ones in with a badly creased sleeve! Having said that, just picked up Thelonious Monk. Nice, mint condition.

20. Tactical20

Tactical20 New Member

Given up on my local newsagent getting them in anymore. Just ordered 40 & 42 from Deagostini website. Fingers crossed they don't cock it up!

Any clues what's after Mingus btw? Still waiting on Sidewinder....

Man at C&A and Daveymoore like this.
  21. Daveymoore

They must have just put Monk #42 on the website, didn't see it there this morning. so thanks just ordered. So far no probs oerdering online so long as you are relaxed about delivery being about 3 weeks.

22. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

hello. read many pages of this thread but not all. how come the price is not as cheap as in the first record? 15 pounds is not cheap i think.
    also, can someone with a great set up, tell if sonics ar great? i have interest for many of the records mentioned here. but not if the quality isnt up to par.cheers

23. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

unfortunately i cant edit my previous post. so, id like to ask this. cant i order from their shop if i am living outside the uk? (greece). its a bummer cause i would really like to get at least the first 2, the ella with louis, time out and moaning. is there some workaround to that?

24. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

third consecutive post!!
    i have read the whole thread now. i found aout that there were 3 deagostini series worldwide. first was in italy in 2011. second one was later in 2015 in germany (but only for 5 records) and now uk.
    i saw in the italy and germany matrix numbers, that they must have used the exact same stampers, as matrix numbers are identical. but i do see that the uk matrices are different than the italian and german presses. uk matrices mention mpo.
    what is the consensus in the uk pressings? are they better than the italian counterparts? is mpo considered a better pressing plant?
    also anyone knows if there is an italian store of deagostini, i could buy italian presses? i read in this thread that these pressings in general are really good. so if that is the case, why not get the best of these best presses? cheers

25. heliocentric

heliocentric Forum Resident

Have you tried e-bay? I have a quick look yesterday and there seemed to be most of the uk series.

porotikos likes this.