De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Thanks Leo!

mp971 likes this.
  2. John Barrett

John Barrett Forum Resident

Whats next? Is it Anthol 3 next Wednesday?

3. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

No It's '1' I think

4. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

Only 4 left.
    1 (22 Nov)
    Anthology 3 (6 Dec)
    Blue Album (20 Dec)
    Past Masters (3 Jan)

Gibson67 likes this.
  5. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Dare I say despite major hiccups along the way! Hasn’t this collection gone fast.

6. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Yup as quick as the cash in my bank account! :D

Harmonator, JP Christian and Gibson67 like this.
  7. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

So very true!

8. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I had an email about a replacement for ADHN on 31/10 - should I have received that by now?

I realise it's just going to be an identical copy, but I might just chase it anyway!

9. Daveymoore

Probably best to leave 15 working days from your e mail.

10. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I spoke too soon - my replacement copy has just arrived today - I'm assuming I might as well keep it sealed...?

11. Daveymoore

Yes, as we know it is exactly the same as first issued.

JP Christian likes this.
  12. misterP

misterP Well-Known Member

Quick question for fellow subscribers. Has anyone received the USB power bank yet?

It was due with the last but one delivery but I received the mug, which itself had been delayed. This time round I got the bag, which was the correct gift to receive.

Not a massive issue I know but this is one of the more useful gifts!

13. Supes

Supes New Member

I emailed DeAgostini about this last week and they said "The USB will come with your next delivery aswell as the bag pack."
    So fingers crossed!

14. mp971

mp971 Forum Resident

Just received final parcel!! Storage box and 1967/70 + Past Masters. Time does fly...

Tommyboy likes this.
  15. Supes

Supes New Member

Any news from your side of the pond on whether or not DeAgostini is going to follow this series up with any other artists?

16. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

I know the clipped chord intro was a big deal. I didn’t pick up on whether or not the title track intro has that mess that appeared on the ‘09 CDs and ‘12 records. Just curious.

17. mp971

mp971 Forum Resident

They have started a new series on 70's Italian Prog Rock on vinyl. Personally not really interested. Don't know though what they'll think of in other countries..

18. Daveymoore

Only on the De Agostini pressing.

19. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

I think you misunderstood my question and I was a little unclear. On the '09 and '12 stereo releases of AHDN, there was a problem on the title track in one of the channels when the band kicks in for a few seconds. The EQ or tape or something. Just wondering if that problem also shows up on the De Agostinis or if it was fixed, only for a different problem to arise.

20. edgwareman

edgwareman Forum Resident

Does everything fit in the two boxes?

21. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I didn't hear it. I think some of these are imaginary or limited to some pressings. Only seen the D'Agostini error reported which is not on the 2012.

Daveymoore likes this.
  22. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

Some issues may be imaginary, but the AHDN stereo intro problem on the '09s and '12s is well known. It was discussed in a few threads on this forum. Just listen to the first 8 seconds or so and you'll hear something like the treble being faded in on the left (I think?) channel.

If that problem had been fixed, only to have part of the first chord chopped off, that would be very frustrating and I would understand the desire to get them to fix it so there would be a good modern stereo record of the album available.

Edit: when you say you didn't hear it, did you mean on '09/'12 or the De Agostini?

23. mp971

mp971 Forum Resident

First, the two boxes are exactly the same, not even a no. 1 and 2, nothing. I would have appreciated some difference, not to mention a different colour and the titles. Anyway.

I think De Agostini never thought about another order than its own (i.e. not the chronological one). So, good news: they all fit. Bad news: original albums go into one box plus past masters but you need to add another one so that the second box can accomodate 1962/66, 1967/70, three anthologies, two BBC volumes and Love/1. Either Love or 1 have to go in the first box.

On the listening side: 1967/70 plays excellent but (same as 1962/66) I cannot hear no difference with the 2015 edition. Past Masters, on the other hand, is a must buy. Crystal clear and noiseless.

RobCooper likes this.
  24. Guapito

Guapito Forum Resident

I have the Mono box which has space for AR and LIB, making it a complete collection of the studio albums with the exception of YS (should I get this?). The anthologies, Love and the BBC albums will have to stored separately. Just waiting for Anthology 3 and I'm done. I'm not interested in either the Red or Blue albums as I already have these on CD. Past Masters are already in my Mono collection.

25. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Was this on USA Rainbo pressing or German Optimal? I mean the 2012!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.