De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

Both. It was part of the digital 2009 remaster that both versions were pressed from.

I don’t know, but I’m assuming that this series is also based on the 09 remaster, so it would also have that issue.

2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Checked my copy - a brief drop in volume of around a second on the right channel. Not that big an issue. Checked an AAA copy (late 70's) and didn't have it but I prefer the remaster for more extended bass and smoother top end.

3. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

after subscribing and getting most of the albums. I'm not that interested in the BBC volumes, and past masters. might sell these off from the whole set once I have everything. I subscribed mainly to get nice clean copies of all the albums and the anthologies and Love. been selling off my old 80s copies as they get upgraded. be nice to have Let it be Naked.. but I'm not that precious about it all.
    overall I have enjoyed the set, looking forward to what might be coming next year

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. RoryMcBride

RoryMcBride Forum Resident

Any chance of the Past Masters being the Mono one with the Yellow Submarine songs included? Probably not eh?

5. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

None. It is Past Masters and not Mono Masters.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I hope De Agnostic do the AAA mono albums next, that would be fantastic. I have gaps to plug and backups to get :)

7. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

can't see that happening, just like I can't see their Italian Prog collection being sold in the UK & Ireland, I'd like it if they did though.

Mr. Explorer and Imagine70 like this.
  8. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

No, unless you need the George Martin score. The four unique songs of that album are present in Mono Masters. You're only missing the single version of Let It Be and The Ballad of John and Yoko/Old Brown Shoe.

Mr. Explorer and Guapito like this.
  9. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

2 days to go, for the release of 1 Will get my copy on Friday, when i go shopping, can't wait to have a vinyl copy of this album Luv the 2015 remix, i have 2 copies of it, on C.D.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Well, fingers crossed for mono, but I guess you’re probably right :(

11. WilloWinsbury

WilloWinsbury Active Member

I'm fairly new to this forum and just found this (long) thread so not sure if my queries have been raised before. I hesitated about getting these initially but I thought it was an excellent way of getting a full set of Beatles albums in new condition. I've been very please with most of them so far but I have a few problems with what looks like mispressed sides which result in significant wow-ing. Sgt Pepper side 2 was a problem as was Beatles For Sale which I had two copies sent with the same problem. It was third time lucky and I've not had any issues with their customer service who have quickly responded and sent out replacements. Anyone else had similar problems?

I also wondered why they have not included A Collection of Beatles Oldies in this series? Or did they think they had too many other compilations?

Mr. Explorer and Fleet Fox like this.
  12. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

Yes they could have also included: Let It Be Naked, Love Songs, Rock n Roll Music, Live At The Hollywood Bowl, The Beatles Ballads, Hey Jude, etc. Would have
    been nice :)

13. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

So it's Beatles #1 Day!. Picked up my copy in Tesco St Stephens, Hull. No promotional stand again but i asked the lady who was doing the magazines and she pointed me to her trolley and they were in the box.

Sleeve Looks great. Unfortunately i am only going to be able look at the vinyl to check it's okay, as this one is getting wrapped up and sent off to Santa Claus for Xmas from my t'other half. :D

Copyright notice on the back says (p) 2015 so it looks like it is the Giles Martin Stereo remix.

Mr. Explorer and Sgt Pepper like this.
  14. horslips

horslips I'd rather be out on my bike!

Or "Yellow Submarine Songtrack"!

15. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

That's probably a good thing as all the original stereo mixes have been released elsewhere in this series. I love the stereo remix of Paperback Writer. Apart from the clarity of the stereo remixes, most of them underwhelmed me.

16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Let It Be - Naked and Hollywood Bowl would be have been great and I'd have bought them. The other compilations are unnecessary.

Mr. Explorer and Fleet Fox like this.
  17. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

Yes those would be the best ones. i agree

18. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

Live At The Star Club Hamburg is another one ... of course it would never happen but just saying...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. Jimbo Jobson

Jimbo Jobson Forum Resident

Two copies of One in my shop today, first time that’s happened. Wonder why...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Definitely - they have missed a trick - they could have issued Hollywood Bowl with the original sleeve (but with the new tracklist) rather than the new film design version. that would have made it exclusive to this set.

Mr. Explorer and Man at C&A like this.
  21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Surely DeAgostini are simply issuing new pressings of the catalogue as approved by Apple?

They are not issuing, nor are they in a position to issue, non-standard releases or long-deleted compilations just because the core fan base would like them to.

Having said that, I’ve already remarked on the amount of duplication they are re-issuing over various compilations and question the wisdom of that when they could have included Let It Be...Naked.

22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Bee Gees LP?

:pineapple:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

I agree, i would have liked them to re-issue, 8 Days a wk, LATHB, with the extra tracks, from the original version, and Reel Music, Rock and Roll Music, the Yellow Submarine S/T, and LIBN. There is a lot of repetition, in this series, but i can't wait, to get 1 on vinyl, i luv the 2015 Stereo remixes, and Anthology 3, to finish off, the Anthology series, and an upgraded copy of the Blue 67-70 Album, as my original copy is scratched, on 1 disc, and Past Masters Vols 1 & 2, on vinyl.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Apple are letting LIBN go OOP. Could be an indicator that a new release of the LIB sessions is on the horizon. Maybe.

25. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Forum Resident

Is 1 the Giles Martin remaster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.