De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes, it was made available in Ireland and the U.K., after it was repressed for other markets such as Japan where the version with the error was never issued. The later pressings sport A2 in the deadwax.

Boxy likes this.
  2. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

The Beatles - "MMT'' E.U. MPO Test Pressing LP.
    Awaiting on this to arrive! Had not seen any TP's that had surfaced till last week .. So glad to get this title, as it will go with the only De Agostini LP I bought .. not around in the States. Was not ready to get into yet another full catalog run... But this is sweet!
    c., 2016.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Billy Budapest likes this.
  3. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

I almost bid on that - but then I figured its the exact same mastering as the 2012's - correct?

4. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

It's a new cut, but yes - same engineer , same source - apparently there are subtle differences between the 2016 deAgostini cuts and the 2012 vinyl - I don't have any 2012's so I collected these instead.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  5. crazybeats

crazybeats Forum Resident

Do you think they will start issuing these albums again from the start?

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Smart move not to bid.

It’s a different cut from the 2012 LP but the same source was used.

StateOfTheArt likes this.
  7. David Howlett

David Howlett Active Member

I have collected all these albums and had ever things with them but I would like to purchase the Beatles vinyl cases

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  8. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

i still haven't played these. i think i got caught up wanting to collect them all.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Doubt it.... I think the Queen one will be next one for the UK as that's currently been issued in Italy at the moment. I predict that will start next year on the back of the movie.

Somerset Scholar likes this.
  10. crazybeats

crazybeats Forum Resident

It's a shame as I got Abbey Road but then as the rest got released never got quite committed and now I wish I had been.

11. Sean Magee says the two pressings sound alike, though. That tells me the mastering moves were the same and the master chain was the same.

mpayan likes this.
  12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Could very well be. Placebo effect.

StateOfTheArt likes this.
  13. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

Sorry for quoting such an old post of yours, but there is a Sean Magee cut of ....Naked.

I bought my copy from Amazon - not the marketplace, but FROM Amazon - in February 2017 - and it sounds amazing - although I can't compare it to anything.

Here is the Discogs sub I had to make for it.

The Beatles - Let It Be... Naked

and the Amazon link...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000T6JGU

I don't really know/remember the write up of it being an Australian import on this Amazon page, but nothing about the release seems Australian to me....this page could have changed to something else since I bought it, though.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    villiers terrace likes this.
  14. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Heard when The Beatles series finished it was going to be classic Prog rock series of LPs.

15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Unless Sean figured out a way to get rid of the noise reduction....hard pass.

LeeVing likes this.
  16. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

They did an Italian prog rock series. It wasn't issued in Britain, unfortunately. I would have bought them but I guess the market isn't big enough here.

17. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

I thought they would have sold loads- oh well, that said l you maybe right as the jazz series seemed to disappear quite quickly.

18. LeeVing

LeeVing Hyperactive!

I have nothing to compare it to, but I have no problems with the sound of this record...so perhaps he did.

19. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Was a record fair at the weekend, and a seller had a load (and i mean loads) of brand new Beatles albums for sale. All sealed - looking closely at the copyright into these were the Diagostini releases. The chap was selling at £10 each. Great buy if you didn't have them already.

20. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

I recently purchased Abbey Road from a local newsstand (at €9.99 I thought I'd have a go).
    The record is perfectly flat and centered, but unfortunately Side 2 is atrociously riddled with non-fill (it was pressed at MPO, by the way).
    I contacted the De Agostini customer service via email, asking (hopelessly?) for a replacement.
    I doubt the issue is related to Abbey Road only, so I don't think I'll run the risk of getting other records from the series.

21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Why hopelessly ? There has never, ever been a problem to get DeAgostini to replace defective records, without question or quibble.

22. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

OK, that's good news. I'll report back.

23. culabula

culabula Unread author.

In addition, the vast majority of these records (and the jazz series) were near-perfect. I did have the odd complaint about an occasional poor pressing but more often it was about an imperfect sleeve or those rare occasions where the wrong record was pressed or supplied. On each and every occasion a new one was dispatched. The delivery service was slow but they all came eventually.

Imagine70, Daveymoore and Man at C&A like this.
  24. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I bought a lot of the jazz ones and noticed some non fill creeping in on later ones. My Joe Henderson - Page One has a substantial amount. MPO, who pressed this, the Deagostini Beatles and the RSD Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks acetate which is known as a bad pressing, seem to have gone downhill recently.

25. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

I noticed that the Jazz Series website closed just last week having been around for a long time, I had been tempted to look for a few more. I do hope that they introduce another vinyl collection sometime, Beatles and Jazz were good value.

Imagine70 and Man at C&A like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.