De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

2. Jack932102

Jack932102 Active Member

Judging by the advert I just caught on SkyNews, this collection is available again the UK, with Abbey Road being the first release. Though at the same time, no appearance on DeAgostini website.

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  3. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup:

I found they have that at a reduced price on the Italian site.

The Beatles Vinyl Collection – De Agostini

Was there any mention of that on the advertisement and will it now be sold in newsagents? If 'yes' to both of these, then I'll get a copy for a friend as well

Abbey Road is the only one of theirs (of the original UK releases) that I don't have on LP - I have the '87 CD.

4. OneStepBeyond

5. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Partwork publishers Deagostini have launched The Beatles vinyl collection series in the UK.

Issue 1 is Abbey Road, and included a binder and magazine for £9.99

The Beatles Vinyl Collection

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  6. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

7. OneStepBeyond

I was thinking that what was coming up was just a list places that DeAgostini sell/sold their wares in. It might not been updated since their main site was created. Nothing came up under 'stockists' for me. I'm now not at all sure what this means (?)

EDIT - Actually, it's an external site that it links to.

8. PIGGIES

PIGGIES Forum Resident

9. correctodad

correctodad Forum Resident

Might be worth picking up Abbey Road for £9.99 as, apart from Let It Be, it is the only one I don't own on vinyl. However £16.99 for future issues is not much of a saving and DeAgostini have a dreadful reputation for deliveries. (I'm speaking from experience having previously subscribed to their Jazz series).

OneStepBeyond and andrewskyDE like this.
  10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Just checked out if someone on Ebay sells parts of the Beatles/DeAgostini series and I only see some seller from Italy. Generally the series was deleted?
    [Edit:] Okay I'm confused. It was originally announced around October last year, was deleted, while Italy still sold some of the LPs, then it's back in the UK?

11. Roddy

Roddy Active Member

Seems like they did a trial run lasy year - it was advertised as the full set, then suspended after 4 issues. Probably they were testing demand?

Those who subscribed (including me) got a message with the last delivery saying issue 5 would be free if we "stuck with them" until the re-release. Having said that, don't think they charged me for any of them so far!!

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

If DeAgostini wouldn't be such a mess I'd subscribe the Beatles series now... Sad it's not available here in Germany anyway.

13. OneStepBeyond

As much as a whole penny, if you shop at HMV! :shh:

johnnybrum likes this.
  14. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

I cannot make up my mind if the album artwork (image reduced in size) is as shown in ad or that is the cover of the booklet. Would it be more worthwhile simply buying the Stereo Box Set which also comes with a 100+ page book too. I mean who wants all the FREEBIES which you end up paying for anyhow.

15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

If you subscribe the series on the DeAgostini webpage you even get two boxes to collect the LPs. In a way it's for people who can't afford the regular stereo vinyl box set at once.

16. Don't know if already said but DeAgostini is from Italy...

17. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

The FREEBIES are pure tat, as well... T-shirt, mug, an LP frame... I suppose the storage boxes would be handy, but the rest is worthless.

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The name itself says it all. But why just offer this series in Italy and UK only? Other stuff they offer are available in the rest of Europe. Maybe it's limited copyright between them and Apple.

19. swintonlion

swintonlion Forum Resident

Friend of mine just bought one from his local newsagents.

20. Here in Italy they are in newsagent snd had been fully advertised on TV. Don't buy them and don't know if they are still on the run

21. AMD1512

AMD1512 Member

The albums have the usual covers, as shown in the advert when they're zipping into the box. The thing to be aware of re. the stereo box is that you get a lot more albums with this collection - the red and blue albums, Anthology, BBC albums etc.

22. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

£24.99 for the triple albums. A good deal. I'll go for the Beatles on Air when it comes out.

23. Jack932102

Jack932102 Active Member

Onto Side 2. Call me stupid, but is hearing a faint sound of the song beginning before it plays an indication it was cut from tape?

24. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

They had two Abbey Roads on display at my local Martins newsagent. Of course I bought both of them.:sigh:

25. OneStepBeyond

I'm going to go straight up the road as soon as I'm back from work tomorrow then! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.