Dead & Company: The Grateful Dead Is Resurrected (Again), This Time With John Mayer *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Aug 5, 2015.

1. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I will probably attend Dead & Bro. at Dodger Stadium with my bro.

trd, budwhite and Waymore Lonesome like this.
  2. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

Dodger stadium?? That's a drag for me. Likely won't bother. But....damn good for this act if it believes it can fill Dodger Stadium! Furthur was doing the Greek in 2010.....tho DnC did do two nights at the Bowl last time round. THat's a better choice for everyone honestly. (Though I'll go out of way and predict that Dodger means very reasonable prices will be available up until night of show, whether at box office or via scalpers stuck w/things they can't move.)

3. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Pre-sale emails went out - at least for Raleigh. One of my best friends agreed to come down for it, so I'll be there!

budwhite likes this.
  4. wavethatflag

It's as much about visiting my brother as it is seeing Dead & Co. I could just see them at Shoreline here, which beats the hell out of seeing them in a baseball stadium. But, what the heck, I'll go. Last summer they played two nights at the Hollywood Bowl, which makes more sense to me. We went to the second one.

adamos and budwhite like this.
  5. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I got some cold caller from Live Nation last night trying to sell me a package for D+Co at Alpine. I told him I wasn't interested in any food/merchandise package but if he had Pavillion seats to upgrade fron lawn, I was listening. He asked which section I wanted and rattled off 4 or 5 options. When I pressed a little further, he was pushing a 5 concert package. I said I wasn't interested in any other shows and he asked if maybe I had a friend who wanted to see Zac Brown. Then I hung up on him.
    See you on the lawn!!

ianuaditis and wavethatflag like this.
  6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Dead&co are headlining Lock'n festival with 4 sets over two nights

wavethatflag likes this.
  7. Detroit Music Fan

Detroit Music Fan Forum Resident

The tour's nice and all, but they need to get into a studio with this current band configuration.

ianuaditis likes this.
  8. trd

trd Forum Resident

Honest question, do they have any original material to record?

9. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Perhaps they could do the GD material that never made it to a studio album?

10. Detroit Music Fan

Detroit Music Fan Forum Resident

I have no idea, but they have at least three capable songwriters in the band. I’m sure there’s at least a couple other songwriters closely associated with the Dead who would jump in if called, too.

The tours are great, but given age and many of the band members’ other commitments, I hope they would at least try to capture something for posterity’s sake if nothing else.

11. Isn't Oteil going to be recording an album with some either new or unused Hunter lyrics? Something like that could conceivably be done. Mayer seems like someone constantly writing or coming up with ideas, but no idea if he's ever brought any to the band or if they've jammed on any solo stuff.

Detroit Music Fan likes this.
  12. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

For those who have been to a D&C show lately, where's the best place to sit? Close, but on the sides? Or more dead-on? Looking at (finally) hitting up a show later this month and since pit tickets are exorbitantly priced, I've got to choose between the back of the floor, lower bowl sides, lower bowl back or even... the dreaded upper bowl. Where's the biggest sure-fire groove zone??

13. I can't speak to all of those areas but back of the floor or the lower bowl sides have been "sure-fire groove zones" at the shows I've been at! hah

14. trd

trd Forum Resident

I’ve not seen D&C but I see a lot of shows. Lower bowl sides is great. You can see the whole stage, you have a seat (floor is often ga) for setbreak. You lose the lights a little. Sound is usually pretty good since there aren’t a lot of stereo effects usually but maybe D&C brought Healy back ;)

15. budwhite

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  16. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

LLR>I Need a Miracle out of Space

Egads

ianuaditis likes this.
  17. budwhite

For Bobby's friend of course.
    But coming out of space!!? Well, to each his own :shrug:

Dahabenzapple and ianuaditis like this.
  18. wavethatflag

With genuine respect for your opinions, I don't see the issue here.

trd likes this.
  19. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

The only thing that could make that better would be a Your Body Is a Wonderland transition between those songs.

ianuaditis, JuanTCB and budwhite like this.
  20. wavethatflag

I think the end of Space would flow in nicely to the beginning of LLR, and I Need A Miracle is a rocker. Of course I imagine this with Jerry on stage.
    You're making a joke because that would not be a good thing. :shake: That would be too much bro in Dead & Bro.

If they play LLR at Dodger Stadium, I won't complain. I'm always much, much more positive about Dead & Co. when I see them. And I like the live recordings for what they are when they come up on shuffle.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Crispy Rob likes this.
  21. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

adamos likes this.
  22. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

@Wright ’s link led to me to check out some of the other recent Grateful Dean posts, where I found this photo that made me smile. You do you Oteil; you’re in the family now.

[​IMG]

23. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

The photographer is an old friend from touring days. The wristband appears to be an old touring friend of Phil's.

RayS, adamos and budwhite like this.
  24. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

25. budwhite

I wonder how many new fans John Mayer brought into the mix? He was a pretty famous name before they started. Haven't read anything about that really. My guess is... not that many, but then again, I have no idea