DeadPool

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by It's Felix, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I literally laughed out loud for :30 seconds in the theater when Deadpool turned to the camera and admitted that the only reason they had just two X-Men in the film was because their budget was too low.

I believe the pressing plants are so beset with financial problems, they're throwing in the DVD disk for maybe 25 cents at this point. I also think on some level the studios feel this helps reduce piracy, and it also helps confused customers who accidentally buy the Blu-ray when what they really want was the DVD.

neo123 likes this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

He didn't admit it - he speculated about it! ;)

3. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I don't actually throw away the Blu-Ray, that would be silly. I give my Blu-Rays to the homeless guy who's sign says he will work for food, I figure maybe he can enjoy a film while he eats his donated food. I'm thoughtful that way!

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I laughed out loud too but no one heard me since I was the only one in the show.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that was rich...your a funny guy! LOL.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  6. Michael

I do hope you gave him a portable Bluray player as well!

7. Michael

LOL...good point...ball of confusion!

8. Dr. Pepper

Oh, I'm fairly certain he has one in the box he sleeps in, wouldn't you think?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  9. Michael

...I don't find homelessness amusing even as joke.

10. Dr. Pepper

Alright, I'll buy that, but unfortunately most of the panhandler's out where I live are con artists, and as Steve Martin famously said comedy is not pretty!

Michael likes this.
  11. Michael

OK, I now get where you are coming from...panhandlers yes can be con artists...true homeless ppl are not. I wasn't equating the two...I did not know you were referring to panhandlers...yes they can be devious!

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  12. Dr. Pepper

Thanks, I'll leave it at that, I do think I've pushed the envelope of taste a little and need to back up some. I guess if your going to go over the edge on dark comedy a Deadpool thread is probably a pretty good place to do it!

Michael likes this.
  13. Michael

Indeed it is!

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  14. Dr. Pepper

I heard a bt of Deadpool news on Kevin Smith's podcast. Fox may be looking at a full X-men Deadpool crossover film, but I tend to think a Deadpool and Wolverine buddy film might be fun maybe including Colossus, so we could have some fun with the "fastball special."

15. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Anyone pick up or are thinking of picking up the soundtrack on vinyl? I'm thinking of getting it. I'd wonder how the pressing sounds, any issues, etc.

16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: It was really great seeing Leslie Uggams on screen again! Pretty fun part for her, too, I would think.

John Bliss likes this.
  17. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

.... I thought that the character played by Leslie Uggams was Nichelle Nichols until I took the time to read the credits. :shrug:

Vidiot and BeatleJWOL like this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

My dad said the same thing. Didn't occur to me but that would have been hilarious. :D

John Bliss likes this.
  19. barnaby

barnaby Forum Resident

I jut loved that movie and found myself unusually giggling and laughing out quite loud during many parts.
    Apparently I'm not the only one. ;)

John Bliss likes this.
  20. Oatsdad

You're not alone - I thought the same, and based on other comments I've read, many others did as well!

DreadPikathulhu and John Bliss like this.
  21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Does anyone know if Ms. Uggams will be back for the sequal?

22. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

...And implied pegging?

23. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The blu ray 84 min mark pixelisation. Strange for new product. Anyway liked the film, was expecting more from the reviews.Budget light in comparison to Mavels ANT Man. Witty script.
    19 mins deleted scenes.

24. Oatsdad

No info on IMDB right now, but I'd guess she would be...

25. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Watched it all, but I was only mildly amused. It just felt many parts were "trying too hard".

I also have some trouble with movies that go full-on serious (i.e. the torture scenes), mixed with really crude humor/4th wall things. I can appreciate both independently, but my brain gags a bit when a movie tries to pull both extremes within the same story. What do we call this type of movie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.