Dean Martin ?????

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Does anyone have...Dean Martin-Dino At The Sands-Bama 2864...Stereo Show from Feb. 8th 1964. Limited Edition:1,000 Copies...Sound quality is lo-fi..Believe it or not, I got this from Collectors Choice Music years back.
    My question...Was/Is there a better quality release of this show released? The content is WONDERFUl!..Just not happy with the sound quality.

2. Michael

Anyone?

3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Funny. I may have heard this disc the other night. A friend had it in his car Cd changer so I didn't get to see the label. The monologues were hillarious.

If it was the same disc the source tape quality wasn't great. Sounded like a real simple audience recording.

There's one on CD Universe by the "Prism" label. That sounds like the show I heard.

4. Michael

Dean's monologues are fantastic! Very funny...:thumbsup:

5. hoboken lad

hoboken lad New Member

Well, I wouldn't say that this disc is lo-fi, at least in the accepted sense of the term. It definitely seems to be a professionally recorded and mixed recording, possibly dulled by time and multi-generational dubs. Could be wrong, though; I'm not an expert.

Don't think it has been reissued/upgraded. Should be, though; great performance and the monologues are non-P.C. brilliant.

For Sopranos' fans, I believe segments from this Dino show were used to annoy the people who refused to sell the beach house to the Soprano family this past season. Remember the music blaring from the boat? Can't be sure the Martin segment was from this disc, but it didn't sound like a segment from Steve's DCC Rat Pack disc.

6. Michael

After searching the web, there seems to be at least 3 different releases of this show. I have the BAMA release. Wonder if they're all from the same tape or digital clones from the first Cee Dee (BAMA) release???

7. ArneW

ArneW Senior Member

I second that. It's quite obvious that this CD has been taken from an early 1970s compact cassette dub (of a cassette dub...of a cassette dub...asf.) of an otherwise professional recording from the Reprise vaults.

To my knowledge, there are two different shows circulating among collectors, although both performances happen to be recorded on the very same day. The BAMA should have the first, the PRISM the later show or vice versa.

I only have the release on the cheapo PRISM label, and the quality is not that bad. It's in stereo, and Dean's voice is in hi fi while the orchestra sounds way back in an AM radio kind of way.

Arne

8. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

The Dean Martin performance played on "The Sopranos" season 4 finale is from the commercially available "The Rat Pack At the Sands" (Capitol) - it's from September, 1963. There was a thread going about this disc a couple of weeks ago here.

9. Michael

BAMA Cee Dee has the SECOND Show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.