Decware about to introduce Home Theater Preamp.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lonson, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

Is that reason explained somewhere on their site?

BTW I think this preamp looks quite attractive (except for the power cord jutting out the top) and as a bonus would probably blend in smoothly with many living rooms while still retaining its electronic-ness. :) IMO too much hi-end gear looks like something designed for industrial applications i.e. cold, hard, angular.

I also agree it would be good if more manufacturers would offer surround preamps without all the fluff features most do now, though automatic speaker set-up systems - crossover point/speaker distance/channel volume level for example - are very useful to have around.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

Well, I don't know if it's outlined anywhere, but I believe the reason is due to Deckert's design philosophy of uisng only parts lead wiring whenever possible, and if not possible using the same sliver wiring in the shortest length possible. If the power cord coming out the top is a bother, a right angle IEC is available on a few makes and models of cord.

3. Lonson

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that the first Ultra preamp units should be shipping soon.

4. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

That's good work.

5. Lonson

Indeed, I think it's a contributing factor to the vividness of the sound, what Deckert calls (more than a bit hyperbolically perhaps) "holographic" sound.

6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Forum Resident

The power cord sticking up vertically from the back of the unit was a bit of an aesthetic jar for me at first as well. One explanation that Steve gives for this is that it is less stress than would be the case for a super heavy power cord hanging off the back and possibly straight down to the floor. It is also easy to see that it is simpler to tool the IEC cutout in the top metal plate, and to keep all the bases a simple box without need for a cord cutout.

7. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Forum Resident

My fingers are crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.