Deep Purple Box Set from Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustVinyl

JustVinyl Forum Resident

This is a no-brainer for me ... I have none of these titles and this covers by far my favourite DP period.

2. integriscdp

integriscdp Active Member

I just received a response from Audio Fidelity regarding this same question (I'm also an original AF member), and the box itself will not be made available to us. So much for exclusive membership privileges! The only 'privilege' I see in these memberships is paying premium prices for the low #'d discs, as these titles can certainly be purchased cheaper elsewhere.

3. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I just got off the phone with Audio Fidelity and I found out that buying this box is optional, we are not committed to buying the box. Also, the subscription number for the box will be the same as our normal subscription number, so for example my subscription number is #211, my box would also be #211. But if I opt out of buying this box then #211 will be deleted and nobody else would receive #211. This is great for subscribers.

Blair G. and MilesSmiles like this.
  4. integriscdp

In the response I received from Marshall Blonstein, I was told basically the same thing. For those members who opt to not purchase the box set, all this really means is that member's exclusive 'numbered sticker' will not be used. The box set will simply be sold to someone else, with a different number on it.

5. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I may be in. AlthoughI haven't been the biggest Deep Purple fan in the past I like what I hear on The Very Best Of Deep Purple on the Rhino Archives label. A big plus is that the set has Steve Hoffman mastering

6. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm glad to hear that I won't have tpo purchase these titles again (I'm Platinum #157).

7. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Emailed Kim, AF Membership Director, and she replied back that members will received their usual discount (Platinum 25% off, Gold 20 % off)

8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I would like to see a "Burn" SACD, forget the cds

I might buy these again if they were being issued as SACDs. I won't buy these now, because I already have them. Screw the box.

coffeecupman likes this.
  9. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

That will make it a very attractive price for members.

10. integriscdp

But it will probably be even cheaper when it hits the streets. ImportCDs usually sells these titles at 33% off when initially released. As I eluded to earlier, AF memberhips are merely securing a low 'sticker number' for each release. The 'built-in discounts' are not yielding the best available pricing.

11. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

The price should be $100, considering the it's 4 CDs. And normally the Audio Fidelity CDs are for $25 each

:wave:

12. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Ok, so it's $25 for each disc, and $30 for that metal box.

13. Are there any pictures of the set available?

Will the set contain the individual cardboard slip cases also?

If yes, will those then be without the number, and only one number on the box?

14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Post # 28, page 2 of this thread. :rolleyes:

15. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I really hope Audio Fidelity continues the Deep Purple series and cover both Burn and Stormbringer. The 2004 reissue of the former was one of the worst remasters in that EMI series. The album would really shine on a Steve mastered SACD.

As for this box, I may get it depending on other spending needs this holiday season. I resisted buying the Machine Head box last year and so that could help justify this purchase. But I would still prefer AF reissuing individual titles than compiling such box sets.

16. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

I think I'd prefer they just release the albums individually as well for people who don't care about collecting (i.e. the box) and/or already have one or more of the titles already.

17. I saw the post but there is no picture on my browser. It just says IMG.

18. Myke

Well that blows ! It's a beautiful pic too. Sorry.

19. Myke

20. Thanks, now I can see it.

Will the individual discs be digipacks?

Hard to tell from the picture.l

21. Myke

Looks like the usual, just housed in a metal box. Looks better on a bigger screen Roland, really.

22. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

I have all 4 titles so I will be passing on this. It would be nice to see BURN and COME TASTE THE BAND get issued on 24k or SACD.
    Was there a News Blast sent out about this set?

23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

You also receive each release before the general public (this wasn't true in the beginning, but has been the case for quite some time now). And there are also the occasional giveaways of test pressings and the like.

Whether this is worth the addtional premium (even after the club discount) is one's own choice.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I'm curious about this as well...

25. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Exactly, I have no complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.