Deep Purple Live California Jam 1974

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maidenpriest, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :) Thread Starter

Hello All,

I have a 1996 release of this concert and its rather lacking, with 'Burn' the guitar is buried in the mix has this been re-released and if so is it an improvement to my Cd version of it ?
    Cheers Phil

[​IMG]

danielbravo likes this.
  2. Frittenköter

Frittenköter Forum Resident

well, the guitar is louder on the later releases, but the dynamics are screwed up. Call me crazy, but i kind of prefer the old mix for various reasons.

danielbravo and Maidenpriest like this.
  3. Maidenpriest

:( ok thanks perhaps i am better sticking with the original and see if i can bring the guitar up more in the mix some how :(

4. Frittenköter

Frittenköter Forum Resident

yeah, but you are missing one song, part of the drum solo and some stage banter IIRC.

5. Maidenpriest

:(

6. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

danielbravo likes this.
  7. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

Maidenpriest likes this.
  8. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I was at that concert. They were really good! Shortly before they opened their set, thousands of audience member tossed empty or partially filled 1 gallon plastic milk jugs into the air for about 2 minutes. It was a visual spectacle.

danielbravo likes this.
  9. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Eagle Rock Entertainment released this set on CD and Digital back in 2014 with the full 7 song set including Lay Down, Stay Down?

I can find various references to this release on Google, but it's not listed for sale with Amazon nor showing on Discogs.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.