Def Leppard - Hysteria (30th Anniversary Edition)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andrew Smith, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I was surprised the 20th and 25th of Appetite came and went with little fanfare, but I suppose now that 3 out of the 5 principals are on speaking terms again, perhaps they'll do something for the 30th.

Stormrider77 and theshape like this.
  2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yeah, I think a fantastic multi-channel mix could be made of this. But just another deluxe edition? Nah.

LEONPROFF likes this.
  3. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

At this point, I'd truly like a REMIX in stereo and 5.1, and that's include the live footage 'In The Round In Your Face' and 'Historia'

I've heard gazillion versions of this album on CD, and none of them, simply NONE (including MFSL) have any bass.

And I'd love them to include single versions as well (not included on the "Deluxe Edition")

If they simply are going to repackage the previous "Deluxe Edition", which has HORRIBLE in terms of sonics, I'm not buying it. Period

This album deserves truly a well-crafted Super Deluxe Edition

Having say all that, here's my truly Super Deluxe Edition:

CD1- Hysteria: Newly mixed in stereo from the original multitracks
    CD2- Hysteria singles collection: All the A & B sides presented in their original single edits and versions. Video versions and extended mixes presented as well.
    DVD1 - Video. 'Historia' and 'In The Round In Your Face' newly remastered and mixed in stereo and 5.1.
    DVD2 - Audio. Hysteria newly mixed in stereo and 5.1. Original album mix. Single versions newly mixed in stereo and 5.1
    Blu Ray: Everything from DVD1 & DVD2

[​IMG]

oboogie, Robber Soul, Galley and 3 others like this.
  4. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

Sounds great!! I bet we get a simple remaster and a gig... hopefully complete.

Tree of Life likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I want to know what will be on this.

6. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I would by that in a second!

Galley and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Andrew Smith

Andrew Smith Senior Member Thread Starter

You are kidding? There's tonnes for the first album. You have the material from First Strike plus The Def Leppard EP and BBC radio sessions (bootlegged on YouTube).

For High 'n' Dry I know that there is at least a BBC Concert from that tour in the vaults. I'm sure there's more than that as well for High 'n' Dry.

8. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

I heard from an interview that the master tapes for On Through the Night were destroyed by the guy that bought the house the album was recorded in (along with a bunch of other master tapes). Wanker :cussing:

Man at C&A and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The album is already too long, and the songs are too long, and now they're gonna give us a deluxe edition that will be twice as long?

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  10. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

This is great news for me. I can't wait to find out what's on it. :edthumbs:

theshape and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Ponkine, I HEAR you man!

Would be nice if they read this forum and knew what the fans wanted.

We shall see what's in store...maybe a long lost Steve Clark tune!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

They do read this forum. Problem is: Hoffman forumites are but a tiny fraction of music lovers.

Tree of Life likes this.
  13. Andrew Smith

Andrew Smith Senior Member Thread Starter

I've read this quite a few times. It's only the multi-tracks that were destroyed, not the 2-track masters. Both "Wasted" and "Rock Brigade" were remastered for "Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection" back in 2004/05.

14. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

It can't be worse than the crap 'Deluxe Editon" of 2006 with absolutely horrible sound and nothing interesting in the extras. Same goes for Adrenalize deluxe. All I want is a complete live show from that tour on CD, the complete Denver show with all the songs would be great. The main album is perfect the way it is and sounds fantastic on the original cds don't play with it. I just don't understand why people would want single edits and stuff like demos and all those things that you would listen to only once. It devalues the main album.

For me Deluxe Editions= Nice booklet and a complete vintage live show. Give us Denver 1988 on audio with everything on it in order.

Tree of Life, blueslover99 and Purple like this.
  15. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

The Deluxe Editions are pure muck, sound-wise. If Steven Wilson was to do the Hysteria 30th I`d be at the top of the queue but, chances are some twit will just remurder it again. Also, band members should be let nowhere near a mastering suite. Deaf as posts the lot of them!

LEONPROFF, thxphotog and Pouchkine like this.
  16. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I have it in 5.1 and it does sound good. I prefer High N Dry and then Pyromania but, in 5.1 this rocks.

17. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

would be interesting to hear what changes Phil Collen made to Pete Willis' guitar parts on Pyromania.

Christopher B and Pouchkine like this.
  18. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Where does this come from? Is it some kind of fan-made upmix?

Pouchkine likes this.
  19. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

I don't think he made many changes, mostly a couple of solos. But you never know it would be nice to know but unlikely! In his book Phil says that when he came in to replace Pete he couldn't believe how great the guitar parts Steve and Pete came up with were and how great the songs were and sounded. And Vivian said many times that he loves the High N Dry album. Just to put things in perspective...

20. ian christopher

Steve was a riff-meister and he blended so well with Pete Willis. I also like his work with Collen - but more of a contrasting guitar blend.

the dual harmony intro to "Lady Strange" is pure heaven.

I read once that Mutt Lange used a special trick on the guitar lines in "Bringing on a Hearbreak" to make them sound more moody/mystical, but I always thought it was the Willis/Clark magic on display.

Tree of Life and Pouchkine like this.
  21. Mutt would sometimes record Guitar chords one string at a time so he could mix the chord to taste and then bounce onto a stereo track in the final mix.

22. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

Lady Strange is a fantastic song. I love the sequence of You Got Me Running Lady Strange On Through The Night. And of course Side One is just incredible as well!

23. ian christopher

great harmony vocals on You Got Me Running - Lange's genius on display in so many ways (guitar mixes, vocals, etc..)

24. ian christopher

there's one classic rock station here in So Cal (KLOS - not an iHeart radio station interestingly enough) that will play High & Dry (the song) and Let it Go -- man alive do those songs sound phenomenal when contrasted with the typical classic rock playlists - the scream out of the speakers and beg to be cranked!

Even Leppard's more commercial 80's fare (Photograph, Animal), sound great when they're played on the radio. Lep seems to get better with age, can't be said with all bands on the classic rock dial.

My 6-disc changer in my car recently went kaput - and it will be apparently just shy of $500 US dollars to repair it - thus I've been listening to a lot of FM radio rock recently.

25. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

It is fan made and sounds good.

ScottInDallas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.