Deleted scenes that have never been seen

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sidewinder572, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Yeah, I always wondered about that one too!

Steve

2. Indy500

Indy500 Forum Resident

Filmed but never used scene from Aliens.

3. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

The ending for the Bugs Bunny cartoon, "The Heckling Hare," that got Tex Avery fired. The final 60 feet of film was cut:

The footage must not exist any more, because it didn't appear on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 3, on which "The Heckling Hare" is included.

On Volume 2, "Have You Got Any Castles?" appeared with the formerly missing "Alexander Woolcott" material restored.

4. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

He was fired for.... being repetitive? :confused:

5. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

I think it was more about being insubordinate. Avery refused to alter the cartoon, so Leon Schlesinger did it for him.

I've read several stories about the ending of that cartoon. One is that the ending implied that Bugs Bunny "died" at the end, and Leon Schlensinger and Jack Warner though it would be unwise to "kill off" a newly popular ongoing character. That seems to be the most commonly told story, but I've also read that the excised line, "Ooh boy! Here we go again!" was the punch line to a dirty joke or was some kind of a sexual innuendo that was making the rounds in the early 1940s but is lost to modern audiences.

6. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Yep, I have a still from that scene in the 'Starlog' movie magazine that accompanied the film's release back in 1986!

7. dasjr

dasjr Forum Resident

"Lost Scenes" covers all the deleted scenes that appeared on the official (but OOP) CDRom, including Luke on the Moisture Farm (B&W, no sound), the two Biggs scenes, and a B&W alternate version of the Cantina scene. "Lost Scenes" leaves the scenes untouched, while Deleted Magic puts the scenes in context, adding music to the Biggs scenes, and dialogue (from Mark Hamill in the Star Wars radio drama) to the moisture farm scene. If you only want to see the deleted "A New Hope" scenes by themselves, "Lost Scenes" is all you need. PAL and NTSC versions are floating about. Again, this is all unofficial content that I speak of, so... :shh: :winkgrin:

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Thanks. I have Building Empires "on the way", but having difficulty with the rest. Hope to be able to enjoy these!

9. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I remembered a big one...

I've always wondered just what the James L. Brooks movie 'I'll Do Anything' was like as a musical (with songs by Prince)!

10. Matt W.

Matt W. Forum Resident

Here's an oldie:

Metropolis (1927)

A full-length feature was shown at the premiere and got SPECTACULAR reviews. It was then edited up, it got mediocre reviews in Germany. It was then heavily edited in the United States, and got absolutely abysmal reviews. Now, a quarter of the film is completely lost.

11. Mr. Winston

Mr. Winston New Member

I thought it was just the severed head of a Vietcong and not specificially the head of the sniper at the end of the film.:confused:

12. Mr. Winston

Mr. Winston New Member

One of the Beatle books, IIRC, said it was a futuristic bubble-top car.

13. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

www.monsterkid.com

It's about as good for classic horror as this one is for music.

14. The pie fight doesn't exist any more except for stills. Kubrick destroyed materials he cut from his film a lot of times.

15. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I don't want to sound like I'm doubting you but is there a cite for that? I wonder if it's just an urban legend? I hope it is..

16. Johnny66

17. They were released on a CD-ROM about 10 years ago, so I guess that qualifies, too. Still, they have not been officially released in any movie form.

Thanks for the link!

18. Johnny66

So they've never even made it onto a DVD release as 'deleted scenes', then? Sorry, I've never bought any 'Star Wars' releases, but I'm shocked to think the material in question has never been made available as part of an 'extras' supplement.

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

George has to leave something behind for the high-def "Ultimate" release of the trilogy, y'know.

20. Johnny66

I thought as much. :D

But what will be left for the slated 2027 release of the 'Ultra 3D Holodeck Projector' release of the trilogy? The 'Jawa' casting sessions?

:laugh:

21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

SHHH! Don't give him any ideas! :help:

There are thousands of hours of "making of" material for all 6 films. He's not going to run out of "new" stuff to add to releases any time soon. :)

22. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

The scene from "Friday the 13th Part 2" where the camp counselors having sex are impaled "two-for-the-price-of-one" with a spear.

The scene as released just shows the reactions on their faces and the tip of the spear under the bed, but the back of the video has a still of their bodies impaled, and the original filmed scene shows the whole murder with blood and goo spurting out of the wounds.

Gross, but Part 2 was always my favorite Jason movie during the splatter craze. :D

23. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

No thanks! That would make me really old! ;)

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Destroyed!? :eek: Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.