Deleted scenes that have never been seen

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sidewinder572, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Perhaps the chunks of ice are being dislodged by the vibrations of the heavy footsteps of the oncoming AT-AT walkers?

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

There's supposidly a 3+ hour long cut of the live action Popeye musical movie I'd love to see.

3. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Star Wars Anchorhead deleted scenes with music and wipes

4. Yes, that's what it seems like in the cut that was released. However, as it was originally filmed, the falling chunks of ice preceded the wampas bashing through the ice into corridors of the base.

5. jv66

jv66 Estimated Dead Prophet

Here's one of the Biggs scenes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG36hu5wQYY

The other Biggs scene:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv_nIXIIl4k&feature=related

The original Jabba scene from Star Wars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqocT1slhwA&feature=related

Luke with "Treadwell" droid on farm:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZY5nRPzu5M&NR=1

and more on youtube

6. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

I think its easier to say that all films are altered after the director submits it to the suits or after a showing to a preview audience(who have no clue at all) to get their reaction before general release. "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" had a prolouge that was filmed and then excised for violence and who knows what(All the apes films have prolouges) and the ending was tamed down immensely for violence as was the riots. The Bluray has most of the riots and ending now intact but "The End" card is still missing and still no prolouge of an Ape running through the streets and getting his brians blown out. What we got with the bluray is known as the Japanese print which kept most of the violence intact, but the other elements are still missing.
    This is an old story in hollywood, just as the film version of "1776" had massive cuts because when it was shown to Nixon at the White House those scences mocked the conservetive way of thinking. Since Jack Warner was a friend of Nixon he ablidged the President and the film was ruined in most peoples view. Crazy to call film Art if the powers to be can have final cut and know nothing about the whole scenerio that they are destroying. Take Care, John M.

7. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

The thread title made me wonder how many deleted scenes there are from "Let It Be". That's some footage that would be interesting, I would imagine.

8. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

There aren't any "deleted scenes" in Let It Be. That's not to say that's it's not badly edited, or that they couldn't have included some more entertaining elements, as some of that footage was included in Anthology shows. There's also unreleased footage floating around the bootleg video world, and it shows that there is also a lot of dull stuff that was not used. But that's not the same as deleted scenes.

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Anyone remember when they showed a special edition of Jaws on ABC? It must have been around 1978 or 1979. It had extra scenes of Robert shaw buying piano wire at a music store and prodding some kid playing the violin (I think it was a violin, maybe a clainet) to play the "Ode to Joy" correctly. Maybe it was deemed to nazi. And there was another scene of Hooper talking about his family forrtune. Those were the two extra scenes I remember. So those scenes are definitely still around.

10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Robert Shaw was el macho..according to Richard Dreyfuss.

11. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

They're available on the DVD supplements, along with several other bits of deleted footage, as I recall.

12. I had no idea that there's a copy in existence..Wow!

I'll add- Woody Allen's first Version of "September" destroyed after having filmed it and recast the entire film with different actors.

The Spider Web Scene with Louise lasser in "Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask"

13. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

One bit of the Empire Wampas scene can still be scene in the trailer. Its a bit where C3PO rips off a warning label on a door that supposedly had all the Wampas in it.

14. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

Haven't read through the whole thread, but there was an Elvis Presley song sequence deleted from Girls Girls Girls (I Don't Want To IIRC). However, about 10 seconds of it was featured in that movie's trailer.

15. Atari265278

Atari265278 Forum Resident

The violent scenes from The Black Cauldron.:shake:

16. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

The lost filmed material in A Star is Born (thankfully, they still had the audio).

Apparently there is also a longer cut of Once Upon a Time in America.

17. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

Some other ones too:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wicker_Man_(1973_film)#Restorations

18. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I heard that Bill Murray wasn't supposed to have a very big part in Caddyshack and that he came in and filmed all of his stuff in just a couple days. Supposedly that scene in which he's swinging the club and hitting the flowers by the clubhouse and narrating like he's about to win the Masters ("Cinderella story...) - supposedly he improvised that scene and it went on for like 40 minutes although you only see a couple minutes of it in the movie.

19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

yes, that was briefly mentioned in the A&E show about the filming of the movie

20. Jayce

Jayce Forum Resident

Not "deleted," but still never seen except by a few individuals : "The Day the Clown Cried."

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think I've admitted this before, but I transferred about a half hour of the movie for Mr. Lewis about 25 years ago (maybe more). I can't remember a lot about it, because it was just a quick-and-dirty workprint transfer. I can tell you it was a cheap-looking movie, and there were big chunks of scenes missing or damaged.

I think the movie is unreleasable not only because of the subject matter, but because they ran out of money and couldn't really finish it.

Angel66 and izgoblin like this.
  22. mannymarks

mannymarks New Member

On the deluxe version of the Pretty In Pink dvd they talk about the original ending where Duckie gets the girl, but they don't show it. I heard about the alternate ending back when the movie was originally in the theaters, there might have been a magazine article about it but memory fails.

23. Almost all of actor Murray Hamilton's scenes in "Damnation Alley" and, perhaps, he was happy about that. He has a brief cameo now in the film but nothing more.

24. TonyR

TonyR Forum Resident

Along similar lines, the first feature film by Stanley Kubrick, "Fear and Desire", was unseen for many years. However, inferior copies do exist on the internet nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.