Denver Record Stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by TommyTunes, Sep 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm going to be in Denver at the end of the week, any exceptional record or CD stores to check out?

2. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Hi Tom,
    I was just there about 3 weeks ago.
    I'd go to:
    1. Twist and Shout on Alameda. They have two stores - CD's on one side of the street and Lp's on the other. Saw about a dozen different DCC Golds still there including Mccartney Speed of Sound, Ronstadt, Everly Brothers. I'm pretty sure I saw a DCC Deep Purple Made in Japan at the Vinyl store. They have a DCC/MFSL section just ask if you can't find it.
    2. Jerry's Record Exchange on Colfax Lots of Lps
    3. If you are in Boulder, check out Albums on the Hill. I found a new MFSL UD1 Carpenters cd. They also have vinyl though I didn't really dig for treasure.
    4. Second Spin on Colorado BLVD in Denver is OK. Lots of Cd's, nothing very rare though.
    5. Wax Trax on 13th I Think is good also. I didn't stop there in August, but good from what I remember. They also have a store across the street from
    albums on the hill in boulder.

3. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Aceman's on the money.
    I lived there and still visit regularly.
    If time is limited, the three BEST are Wax Trax, Twist and Shout, and Jerry's Record Exchange, in no particular order.

Wax Trax is great for finding piles of good but somewhat "common" stuff at very reasonable prices. A great way to flesh out your collection.
    Wax Trax and Jerry's have fantastic classical stocks, Twist and Shout has some very good jazz. Prices at Twist are fair but higher than Wax or Jerry's, I've found.

Twist and Shout's CD and Vinyl stores are across the street from each other. While you're there, you might want to have lunch at Chipotle Mexican Grill right around the corner. Huge gourmet burritos and tacos. Yum yum!

Have fun (maybe I'll even run into you!;) )

Dan C

4. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the low down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.