Denver Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by ScottInDallas, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ScottInDallas

ScottInDallas Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looking primarily for rock vinyl used & new. Any places I need to be sure to visit?

Thanks!

2. pdenny

pdenny Blow up your TV

Can't help with the record stores, but be sure and try the Rocky Mountain Oysters :angel:

ScottInDallas likes this.
  3. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

Wax Trax- Best Used
    Recollect- Great soul and some nice jazz
    Twist and Shout- Great new selection, typically overpriced on used

If you can get up to Boulder, Barts has been doing an excellent job lately.

4. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

Recollect is my favorite store in town, but I've never browsed their rock section. They have an excellent selection of soul, jazz, disco, and have a decent latin section too.

What kind of rock are you shopping for?

5. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Angelo's usually has a ton of vinyl. The used tends to be beat up but they also carry a lot of new titles. They have a location a few block from Twist and Shout. Black and Read is a must stop for vinyl. Their prices have been creeping up but who's hasn't?

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  6. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

Black and read has a huge selection of vinyl, yes, and like most stores are running a sale on cd's like say, buy 2, get one for a dollar. Not sure if they are still doing that though. Next to their vinyl room is thousands of hardback and paperback books. The manager's name is Mike Stelk. Got a question about Colorado bands from the 60's and 70's? Mike knows his stuff as well as anyone in the music business IMO. Their location is 79th and Wadsworth Blvd. I've known the owner for many yeaars, Danny-good guy!

clhboa likes this.
  7. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

So have you made the trip yet?