Designated Survivor (ABC)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I don't think they're in cahoots, but I think it's fair to say the GOP survivor is part of a vast conspiracy to cause trouble. I look forward to future episodes -- I'm already bummed that they're off this week.

2. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

I'm hoping that they completely the resolve the whole Capitol Building attack plotline before delving into the usual "crisis of the week" scenario found on Madam Secretary etc...save that stuff for the second season.

3. ohnothimagen

I could also see Kirkland asking the GOP survivor to be his Veep, which would probably prove and once and for all that this is a Hollywood written TV show with no sense of reality, p-litcal or otherwise:laugh:

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loving it so far.

I think the axed General will also be causing problems.

5. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

It seems odd that we're three shows in and he hasn't named one yet. It's not like he'll have a confirmation battle over it...

6. Maybe they're saving that for when they need a ratings bump. Somebody famous shoes up every few episodes as the VP. Like what Martin Sheen's role on West Wing was supposed to be.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Martin Sheen is not busy these days -- maybe he can come in.

8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Perfect!

9. ohnothimagen

Oh gawd, I hope not...my wife and I tried watching The West Wing and only made it through about the first three episodes...just not our cup o' tea.

Rufus McDufus and Done A Ton like this.
  10. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

When I saw the schematic of Room 105, I thought Sanctuary!

11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

They took off last week, and they're taking off next week. 2 episodes in a month. I haven't watched a broadcast television show in quite awhile. Is this normal?

Great show!

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the election and football take precedence over everything, with the NFL even taking precedence even over the election, as shown by the football game still being shown when all the other networks were showing the debate.

the national football league owns TV

Encuentro likes this.
  13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Gotcha. The football part makes sense. I don't see how the election would interfere with Designated Survivor, because the election is on Tuesday, November 8, and Designated Survivor returns Wednesday, November 9.

14. shokhead

You don't think they will be talking endless about this election? It might never end.

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The FBI side of the story is still the show's weakest link - the director comes across like a boob. Speaking of which, are female special agents required to wear power 'boob jackets'? You know, the ones that open wide at the front to better expose the bust?

And I cannot believe that with so many potential storylines open to the show, given the circumstances, that someone decided that it was a good idea to go for such a soapy cliche plotline of questioning the parentage of one of the president's children. Seriously??

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  16. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The final Presidential debate was last Wednesday.

Encuentro likes this.
  17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Thanks. I actually looked it up after my last post. I should have known since I actually watched the debate. I just didn't remember what night it was on.

18. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

The debate postponed the prior episode, and next week they've scheduled the CMA awards on Wednesday. Plus, next Wednesday would be Game Seven of the World Series, if it goes the full length. Other networks don't like to run good, new episodes against the final games of a World Series, as it skews their audience numbers to the negative, and disrupts the flow of serialized stories.

The other advantage to multiple preemptions is that the smaller TV season will last longer into the spring. In just a few weeks, we'll be talking about reruns in December.

tonyc, MikaelaArsenault and Encuentro like this.
  19. John B Good

But there is something appropriate in the timing :)

Encuentro likes this.
  20. Just like Quantico where all the female agents in training have large breasts encased in perfectly-fitted, very tight low cut t-shirts. Not necessarily complaining but it is not very realistic.

21. shokhead

Works for me!

22. music4life

music4life Senior Member

It's ABC trust me, theyre going to screw this up yet.

23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And now it's clear what the terrorist plot really is: take out Congress, take out the Supreme Court, put the new President in a position where he hires one of the surviving Senators to be his VP, and then they kill the President so that now, the Senator they controlled is the head of the United States.

John B Good likes this.
  24. John B Good

Shades of the Manchurian Candidate. But who are the real terrorists?

25. shokhead

Vidiot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.