Detroit Emeralds - Ace Records cd releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lv70smusic, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

About 20 years ago, Ace released a cd entitled The Detroit Emeralds - Greatest Hits which has quite a few tracks that got a lot of airplay in my area (since I grew up near Detroit) even though they weren't hugely successful on the pop chart. One of the things that's bugged me about that release is some obvious tape drag at the beginning of one of their biggest hits, You Want It You Got It. And, from memory, I don't think Ace had access to great sounding tapes in general for this release, though the less than stellar sound quality might simply be a reflection of the original recordings.

I just noticed that there is an Ace release from last year entitled I Think Of You - The Westbound Singles 1969-1975. Does anyone have both? (Does anyone here other than Grant even remember this group? And, Grant, I am simply assuming that you know this group since our music taste from this era seems to overlap significantly.) I am particularly curious about whether the tape drag issue on You Want It You Got It got fixed. Years ago I tried using an audio editor to fix it myself; while I made it sound a bit better, the end result was far from perfect.

jeffrey walsh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.