DH Labs Q-10 Signature speaker cables.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jacob Johnson, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson Active Member Thread Starter

Anybody here have experience with this brand or even this particular model. Came into what I think is a pretty decent deal for a 6 foot set. I'm just wondering what I should expect basically.

2. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I use some older DH Labs Silver Sonic Q10 Bi-Wired and like them, although I honestly did not spend a lot of time comparing cables—I cannot remember if my speakers used them for internal wiring which drove the decision—plus I thought they were good value that is for sure. I would call them pretty neutral if anything based on how they slotted in at the time.

gojira likes this.
  3. gojira

gojira Active Member

Like Bmoregnr. I also have a pair of the older Q10s 8ft in length as well as 2 sets of their matching IC's. The key things as he stated are that they have neutral tonality, are transparent, an excellent value, and well made to boot. My set are real keepers so I don't think you can go wrong with them. Here is the review by PF. http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue59/silversonic.htm

4. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Kathmandu, you must have some wild line filtering and surge protection going on there! Fun town.

5. gojira

gojira Active Member

Damn straight! Surge protection is absolutely and unequivocally mandatory! But that is not the worst part.....dealing with 12 hour "load-shedding", which means no light....so by the time my stereo finally warms up, its cuts out! Am used to leaving it on 24/7 coming from NYC so it definitely harshes my mellow.......:mudscrying:

bmoregnr likes this.
  6. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Ha yes I spent multiple hours in the dark during my stay! As long as the Everests stayed cold I didn't seem to mind.

gojira likes this.
  7. I use Audio Art cables that are designed by DH Labs. I have the more expensive ones with the DH Labs connectors. I love my Audio Art cables and they are available at a price that is affordable to most music lovers. I would assume that the DH Labs cables are very good as well.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Audio Art Cables, just love their products and dealing with Rob is a real pleasure.

8. kfringe

kfringe Well-Known Member

I have a few pairs here. They're durable cables that won't bankrupt you -- which is pretty much my *entire* standard of excellence.

9. Jacob Johnson

Awesome guys thanks!

Ended up with a 6 foot pair with the locking banana terminations for around 400 bucks new. I can live with that!

hi_watt likes this.
  10. DaveC113

DaveC113 Forum Resident

They'll be really good, they are genuine UPOCC copper and sold at very reasonable prices. Just as good or better than any other big $ copper cable imo. Their locking bananas are nice too.

Sailfree likes this.
  11. Jacob Johnson

I've got these things in my system now. Those of you that spoke of the neutral aspects hit it right on the head. They have added a very analytical aspect to my system that has always leaned a bit on the warm side.

I'm curious to see how they will change once broken in.

12. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Glad you are happy so far. They may warm just a tad but no big changes as I remember on my older-version ones anyway. Let us know when you are ready to make the call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.