Dice on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mikem60, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident Thread Starter

If u dig the Dice Man at all

Check it out

Pretty awesome Show

Great Cast

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Link?
    WOW! he's still around? anything on Bluray?

3. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Funny show. The episode with Adrien Brody was hilarious.

cyclistsb, ghostdwg and ex_mixer like this.
  4. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

No offense, but....we aren't texting here! Perhaps you could write out an entire thread title and used actual words in you posts.......
    Example: "Andrew 'Dice' Clay has a new Showtime series" or something that is somewhat decipherable.

5. Michael

and can you post a link? please...

6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Seems like the OP's original message was 'deciphered' just fine. The show's called 'Dice' and it's on Shotime on Sunday nights. Boy, between Dice, House Of Lies, Veep, Silicone Valley, & Game Of Thrones, my Sunday nights ate booked solid!;). With Penny Dreadful, Ray Donovan, and a slew of NEW programming being promo'd right around the corner, premium cable's flexing their muscles again!

7. tman53

I agree, Showtime and HBO have been stepping up their game with the exception of Vinyl.

ex_mixer likes this.
  8. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

9. Michael

10. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I thought the first episode was really really funny. I haven't had a chance to see the other two yet.

Michael likes this.
  11. Michael

I will watch the first episode via the provided link...looks funny!

12. Michael

I always liked Dice! His HBO specials rocked! I fondly remember his first appearance on a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special.

mmars982 likes this.
  13. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I just finished all six episodes (they "leaked"...)

I was such a huge Dice fan back in the day. We grew up in the same neighborhood, and it was so much fun to see his meteoric rise at the time.

But, this series just leaves me...I don't know...sad. Even more so than the previous reality show. Glad others are enjoying it, though.

14. Michael

yea, I only saw the first...I missed the "leak" for the other 5...Dice is old and it happens to all of us. I was pretty much neutral...I will still watch the other 5.

15. tman53

Not sure why you are sad. I was never a huge Dice fan but this new show is really funny. Andrew, the man seems to be okay with making fun of Dice, the character.

Mitland and ex_mixer like this.
  16. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I saw the Plastercasters episode last night, it had a few laugh out loud moments, I dug it! I think it's somewhat brave of him to play himself essentially as a has-been, which I guess, sadly, he is. When he makes comments like "one minute yr playin' Madison Square Garden, and the next yr at a Sushi bar", don't sound like they're made up!

ex_mixer likes this.
  17. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Been watching a free showtime weekend, he hit the spot for those who loved him a few decades back...probably not the most politically correct for the current news cycles. But he's the Dice Man, heyyyyy ohhhhh

18. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I thought the first two seasons were quite funny...looking forward to more.

19. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

Really enjoyed Season 1, and getting close to finally checking out Season 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.