Did any hear about the WLIR doc premiere at Tribeca Film Festival?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Dan C and Jack Lord like this.
  2. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

3. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up.

I went to college in NYC from 83 to 87 and WLIR was always on.

"Party .. out... of... BOUNDS"

Mike from NYC and vince like this.
  4. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Thanks for the thread. I remember WLIR well and it was my #1 station replacing WNEW-FM. The number of new groups I was turned on to was quite staggering. I remember seeing U2 at Malibu's at a WLIR sponsored concert as well as a bunch of other concerts I went to. I used to have a cassette library of the many WLIR on-air concerts.

LIR was awesome and here in Phx I could only hope a radio station was as good. In NYC you have the college stations, FMU and FUV - but here in AZ it's music dead

vince likes this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Wish I had SHOWTIME to watch this....
    ENJOY, and let me know how it is!

6. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I was disappointed. It was all about 'we discovered this band' then show a video. Next we discovered that band, then video and someone talks. I was hoping for some fun stories about the statin and the people who worked there and some fun stories about when bands visited their little hold in the wall. You get a lot of video snips, a lot of UK former punk/new wave people now. It tries to ignore MTV and there are some factual mis-statements by some people (U2 was not big until Joshua Tree--really? What about selling out two shows at the Philly Spectrum Unforgettable Fire tour?)
    And there was some guy who kept licking his lips that really made me uneasy.
    It's not a waste of your time, it's cool to see those videos again, but it's not what it could be.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.