Did anyone attend concerts at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City,NJ ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mmcshu, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

I spend a lot of time in Jersey City, as my studio/rehearsal-space/work-space/etc. is there, I keep my vehicles there, etc. But I only moved up to this area from South Florida in 1995, so no Roosevelt Stadium memories for me. I instead have a ton of memories of two other infamous, now-vanished venues--the Hollywood (FL) Sportatorium and the West Palm Beach Auditorium. For a number of years, I saw almost every show booked at both places.

Anyway, I thought the article, posted earlier in the thread, about Pink Floyd playing Roosevelt Stadium was amusing, because it mentions the problems they had with the wind. People who don't live here don't realize just how windy it is much of the time. I've never lived in Chicago, but I can't imagine that it's much windier this area of New Jersey and New York.

2. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

It's been 5 1/2 years since this thread was started. Since there has been some recent activity, I thought I'd see if www.lookatstubs.com had any additional shows.
    There have been a couple added in the last few of years. Of course this is a partial list of shows.

Alice Cooper with The J. Geils Band - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - August 10, 1972
    Pink Floyd - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 16, 1973 (John Scher)
    Pink Floyd - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 18, 1973 (John Scher)
    The Beach Boys with Poco - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - August 25, 1973 (John Scher)
    The Allman Brothers Band, The Marshall Tucker Band, Grinderswitch - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 7, 1974
    The Allman Brothers Band, The Marshall Tucker Band, Grinderswitch - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 8, 1974
    The Allman Brothers Band, The Marshall Tucker Band, Grinderswitch - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 8, 1974 (John Scher)
    Crosby, Stills, Nash And Young with Seals And Crofts & Jesse Colin Young - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - August 8, 1974 (John Scher)
    The Beach Boys with The Eagles - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - August 23, 1974
    Pink Floyd - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 14, 1975
    Pink Floyd (back of stub) - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 14, 1975
    Pink Floyd - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 14, 1975
    Alice Cooper - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - July 6, 1975 (John Scher)
    Yes with Ace - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - July 13, 1975 (John Scher) For Sale - $7 Pay with PayPal thumbnail
    The Eagles with Seals And Crofts & Poco - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - July 19, 1975 (John Scher)
    The Eagles with Seals And Crofts & Poco - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - July 19, 1975 (John Scher)
    The Allman Brothers Band - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - September 13, 1975
    Yes with Pousette-Dart Band - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - June 17, 1976 For Sale - $12 Pay with PayPal thumbnail
    Grateful Dead - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - July 2, 1976 (John Scher)
    KISS - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - July 12, 1976
    The Beach Boys with Richie Furay - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - August 28, 1976 (John Scher)
    The Beach Boys with Richie Furay - Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City, NJ) - August 28, 1976 (John Scher)

agn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.