DCC Archive Did anyone buy Journey's Greatest Hits on SACD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SteveSDCA, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member Thread Starter

I just noticed it in the store tonight. I was tempted, but I didn't get it. Does anyone know how good it sounds?

2. Get it, friend! The SACD is a noticeable improvement over the remastered CD, both of which were done by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Studios in Portlane, Maine. There's also an unlisted 16th bonus track that isn't included on the CD. :D

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: luke j chung ]

3. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Gah...Journey.

We've so hit rock-bottom...

^_^

-D

4. Unknown

Unknown Guest

David, some day love will find you. :D

5. Vivaldinization

If I may rant for a second, VH1 has suddenly risen to the level of, well, Communist Russia insofar as liberal revisionism of history is concerned

Styx, Journey, REO Speedwagon, and others are painted as "heroes" in their respective VH1 Behind the Music segments.

Kiss has several HUGE specials dedicated to them.

The Mamas and the Papas completely and utterly represent the sixties...with maybe the Jefferson AIrplane sneaking in every once in a while.

I mean, it's ridiculous. Now they're o this whole eighties kick...I thought that society had made some sort of decision that the eighties were a *bad thing?* Hmph. We backtrack on everything.

-D

6. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Spoken like the true conservative you are.

All the answers may be found here. Here's an excerpt:

7. Vivaldinization

I don't always trust Richie U's opinion, though...I mean, he's a smart guy, but I occasionally disagree with him, and this is one of these times (he also has many, many reviews on the AMG that I think are somewhat misinformed...). For example, he states:

Thing is, I think this is a tad unfair...Alice Cooper gets critical respect not because but despite Mr. Furnier's constant PR efforts. And Jo Jo Gunne's citation here seems to be another example of Mr. U passing judgement on something he hasn't quite heard (although I can't fault him...who WOULD suspect that JJG were more than their one hit single? I mean, without recognizing that 3/5 of Spirit didn't just spontaneously lose their talent). I'm also curious as to his preference for 70s bashing over 80s bashing, but then again, I guess the 70s were more directly inflicted upon him.

-D

8. Unknown

Unknown Guest

So, you're actually a Foreigner/Styx/Boston/Eagles fan? :(

I agree with most of the article, but I sure wouldn't lump Deep Purple (or Alice Cooper) in with the others. JJG I know little about.

9. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Never mind all this "whether the band is worthy or not" **** – Luke, what IS that unlisted bonus track on the Journey SACD?

Kym

10. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member Thread Starter

I went and got it yesterday. It does sound great (much better than the CD). Kym, the extra track is When You Love a Woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.