Did anyone here become a Beatles fan in the 90's or later?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

I became a fan when I watched anthology series with my father. Been obsessed ever since.

2. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

It's still to happen.

3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Has your life improved since then?

4. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

I wouldn't say I 'became a fan' in the 90s but I certainly became more informed about what I love about them. I grew up in a household of Liverpudlians and my Dad knew George and John from Dovedale Junior school in Mossley Hill (although he was not friends, I have no juicy stories about them as kids.... sorry). The Beatles were a matter of Liverpool pride in our house so I had no choice but love them from the moment of my birth in 1981.

5. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

it's all been downhill

6. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

I began intensively listening to the Beatles when the latest remasters came out.
    I consider the band now in my top 5 of bands.
    The remasters I don't listen anymore.
    I have bought secondhand originals now and listen to them.

7. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

What is WRONG with you guys?? ;)

8. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

I had a similar experience although for me it was in 1979 and the argument was not about disco, but Led Zeppelin vs. AC/DC.

So, as you can see, I don't fit the OP's criteria.

9. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Yep. I didn't start to really appreciate the Beatles until the late 90s/very early 2000s.

10. Django

Django Forum Resident

Yeah I started to get into the Beatles & 60s music in general in the mid 90s. It was during the brit pop years. My parents are not really music fans, so there were no beatles albums in the house. All the britpop bands strongly referenced music from the 60s & 70s so you start looking back. I have a theory oasis were on a bonus deal with apple corps to mention the Beatles non stop to get a new generation of consumers of Beatle product.

11. willie john

willie john Forum Resident

The enormous sales of the 1 album would seem to suggest that the the releases during the 1990s created a significant number of new fans.

12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

These kids were too young for them....
    It was KSS and "We Will Rock You" by Queen that they all dug.

13. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

You'll have to make the call on that (being too young for LZ/ACDC). I suspect that is not the case for my classmates and I (we were 12 in 1979).

I did have friends that (at that time) were into both KISS and Queen, but they were a year or two younger than me.

I do not remember any discussion among my classmates at that time about disco, either pro or con.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  14. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I didn't watch the Anthology specials on TV but saw a standee with the CDs in my local music store so I thought I would pick up something as I had never given them a try. I picked up the 1987 Sgt. Pepper. Took it home listened a few times and then rushed back down and picked up Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album and Abbey Road. I picked up the rest of the CDs over the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.