Did I just get a counterfeit version of the Who Can I Be Now Bowie box set?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by factory44, Feb 3, 2017.

1. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Western Mass
    I could be wrong but I don't think you can leave feedback once you've initiated a return. You'd have to leave the feedback first. I guess the return demonstrates cooperation and thus will not allow retaliatory feedback since the seller agreed to accept the item back.
  2. eddiel

eddiel Forum Resident

Toronto, Canada
    It works that way if you file a claim on ebay. I just sent back two lps from the same seller who requested I submit an item not described claim (it's how he processes returns, it was all very amicable) and once I got my refund they no longer appear on my feed.

Not sure if it works that way if you return it outside the claim process though.
    kenbefound likes this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Forum Resident

Cambridge, MA
    Unless something recently changed this is not correct. The items no longer appear on your purchase free, but they are still in the list of transactions you can leave feedback for. You just have to navigate to the list.
    kenbefound likes this.
  4. dumaisaudio

dumaisaudio Member

Any word on counterfeits for the New Career CD Box showing up?
  5. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 1

Haren, DM
    They're nearly there, just figuring out the optimum proof of purchase for buyers. So they'll be successful getting a "Heroes" replacement disc directly from Parlophone :winkgrin:
  6. K.K. Bing

K.K. Bing Well-Known Member

Thanks to the posts in this thread I'm sure I bought a counterfeit box of Who Can I Be Now from an Austrian seller on auction site Catawiki. The discs were crammed into the box, some sleeves were wrinkled and glued. And the discs are silver colored, not golden. Catawiki partially refunded the costs. I ordered the 'real one' from Amazon. But what to do with the counterfeit one? Just put it in the garbage can or bring it to a thrift store? Wouldn't be fair, even it's a second hand store, I think.....
  7. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Well-Known Member

Halifax, NS Canada
    Perhaps you could give it to someone you know who likes music and hasn't discovered Bowie yet while fully disclosing it's a knock-off. By doing this, you could introduce someone to Bowie, be honest about what the set is, and by sharing your story with someone it could perhaps help them avoid the issue you faced? Hope you enjoy the genuine set once you get it :)
    Dave likes this.
  8. K.K. Bing

K.K. Bing Well-Known Member

A late reply, but a very good advice. I gave the box to one of my colleagues, who knew Bowie as a fashion icon, but didn't know much about his albums. He enjoyed the music and discovered much more about the man.
    Dave and InStepWithTheStars like this.
  9. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City!

Fonthill, Ontario
    I got one:cheers:
  10. BowieFan

BowieFan New Member

Oh well the exact SAME this happened to me, I have a perfect Five Years box set and my Who Can I Be Now looked fishy (same problem with the sleeves, some minor details and silver CDs as well) the only problem is I ordered it on Priceminister and I don't even know if I'll be able to get a refund :/