Did you ever see a guest star on a TV show that surprised you?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Several on Seinfeld, playing themselves......... Jon Voight, Raquel Welch, Bette Midler, Mel Torme, Marisa Tomei

2. John S

John S Forum Resident

Clint Eastwood playing himself on Mr. Ed....

3. MSG 1979

MSG 1979 Forum Resident

The clip on Youtube is down, but Lowell George and Richie Furay (who also played Eddie Cochran's drummer in The Buddy Holly Story, as seen below) guest starred as "the Bedbugs" on F Troop. This led to Wrangler Jane singing lead vocals on Mr. Tambourine Man (with Agarn, O'Rourke, and Parmenter) backing her.

4. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Richie Hayward, Little Feat, was Cochran's drummer in Buddy Holly, but thanks for the visual memory flashback to Wrangler Jane and the info on George & Hayward.

5. dmt

dmt Forum Resident

every time i watch "drunk history" on comedy central!

6. MSG 1979

MSG 1979 Forum Resident

My bad, but a fun look back. Thanks for the clarification. The Bedbugs were a Moptop jibe. The old time TV writers (some that went back to the Borscht Belt) had countless Beatle jibes and simply inserted insect labels. Electric guitar sound from an acoustic in the Old West! Gotta love it. And the other inside joke in that episode was every time Agarn heard the Bedbugs theme he'd toss his head from side to side in a pure Moptop imitation.

Paul J likes this.
  7. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

* Stephen Colbert on Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

8. Alex Trebeck-The X-Files

9. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

The other day I watched a "Wagon Train" episode "The Tobias Jones Story" which had Lou Costello in a straight role as an alcoholic who befriends a young girl (played by Beverly Washburn who died of premature old age in Star Trek TOS "The Deadly Years". One of the supporting actors was Harry Von Zell, who played the genial, befuddled straight man on "Burns and Allen". Not only that, von Zell wrote the teleplay.

10. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

AND Peter was also in the 100th ep of the show called 7th Heaven in 1998 on the WB. He plays in a band that the father (played by Stephen Collins) was in when he was younger. Here's the closing of the show -

Actually, it is said Keith Alison from P Revere & the Raiders is lead guitar, and David Glen Eisley from Foreigner is the drummer. http://www.stephencollins.com/himself/scpetertork.html

That Rob Zombie movie Micky was in was a "Halloween", in 2007, a remake Zombie did going into the 'why' Michael Myers killed everyone.

11. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Neil Simon on "The Odd Couple".

12. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

The Violent Femmes were a surprise on "Sabrina, the Teenaged Witch".

13. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Catherine O'Hara and Bryan Cranston playing a couple on 30 Rock.

14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Bill Withers giving advice on Idol(or was it The Voice?)

15. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

kiefer sutherland on Corner Gas was good!

16. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Michelle Shocked on Dharma and Greg
    She's been so anti-establishment, really floored me to see her on the bad national network

17. Kevin W

Kevin W Well-Known Member

John Wayne on 'Maude'.

18. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

David Lee Roth on The Sopranos, playing poker. On YouTube for anyone interested...

19. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Tom Selleck and Richard Burton (on different episodes, as themselves) on "The Fall Guy".

20. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I saw BB King on Sanford & Son tonight. He played himself and played as well as part of the skit.
    Very Cool.

21. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

Spinal Tap - Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, and Harry Shearer - were all on the same episode of Laverne And Shirley in unrelated roles. McKean as regular character Lenny, Guest as one of Laverne or Shirley's dates, and Shearer as an announcer at a parade. So I don't know if all three were even on set on the same day. So did they meet there, or just know each other through the improv channels? We may never know.

22. John54

John54 Senior Member

Elton John was on Will and Grace a few years ago. I rarely watch TV shows but I watched this one.

23. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Bob Dylan on "Pawn Stars." Who'd have anticipated that ?!

24. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Patti Smith in season 4 of The Killing.
    [​IMG]

25. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Watching an episode of THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES, we were surprised to see Catherine Zeta-Jones name in the opening credits. She was somewhat featured in the episode, though covered in a birka-type outfit for much of it. Later on, we were surprised to spot, in the same episode, Daniel Craig.

Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.