Differences between Lyra Delos and Soundsmith Zephyr (v1)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Upinsmoke, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone here had any practical experience, as in they have tried it in their home system for comparison purposes, with using a Lyra Delos and Soundsmith Zephyr on a VPI table.

I've been using the Zephyr since March when it was bought new and I just don't seem to be getting the kind of sound I enjoy when listening. While through some rather exhaustive setup and changes using a variety of tools I'm really starting to think my problem lies in this area. I'd like to find a brighter cartridge to use for lack of using all the flowery kind of phrasing reviewers like to use (yet don't make a lick of sense in a practical understanding - almost how some describe wines)

Reviews of Delos have been excellent and I have heard the cartridge, granted not on a VPI table.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

2. Scott Hicks

Scott Hicks Active Member

I have installed both carts on various VPI Tables (scouts, classic, traveler, and hw19's) on various arms (vpi jmw memorial, sme 309, 3009, 3012, V, IV, etc, rega arms, aq premiers ETC) and the Lyra works well its quick and has a very detailed not clinical sound. i would say in the easiest of terms the Zephyr I and II's have a bit more of a laid back musical sound.. they are quick with a great midrange and not a very overly emphasized highs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.