Digital Copy without disc but have the code?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by genesim, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genesim

genesim Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was just wondering, it regards to Sony "Digital Copy" is there anyway to get the movie without the disc?? (I sold off/traded some DVD's that had "digital copy" encoded)

The Itunes XML code work around is easy enough, and I don't consider this a problem if you own the paper that has the digital code and it is not redeemed.

But what do you do with the first example if you no longer have the disc? I actually have 2 copies of Crazy Heart codes and I want the digital version available consarnit! Any help is greatly appreciated.

What baffles me is if a digital code doesn't work in Itunes and you know it has never been redeemed, but you no longer have the disc to prove it. That one makes me angry, that and "expired" codes. I should have put some of these in long ago, but never really checked that much until now.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I don't understand your question - you don't need the disc, as long as you have the code.

3. genesim

Not for ones labeled "DIGITAL COPY". They require that you put in the disc. These were the Sony ones. The Itunes ones also require it, but you can do the XML code work around. You have never run across this problem?

The Ultraviolet , Movies Anywhere, and Vuduu etc don't require a disc.

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yes I understand XML... you might be able to use the workaround even for the Digital Copy Sony titles.

I think the real problem is that a code that old is probably expired. Disc on hand, or not.

5. genesim

It is weird how only the "Digital Copy" ones without Itunes logo won't work.

The main question I had is if you could do some kind of XML work around outside of Itunes. Like is there a website for Sony or whoever that you insert disc (which would be XML thumb drive) that is similar in fashion to itunes? Isn't the disc itself supposed to direct you to proper place. My digital code sheet doesn't name a place it just says put in disc etc.

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Now I understand. No, I don't think there's a workaround. Even if there was, I'm wondering if it would even go into Ultraviolet?

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Your best bet is just to do a Disc to Digital via VUDU. I'm sure you'll understand how to do the workaround.

8. genesim

Ok thanks so much for the help. I was thinking that even if I did do it, it wouldn't be of much use anyway because of not being recognized anywhere else. Bummer.

9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Crazy Heart is Movies Anywhere eligible, so you’ll be good if you do VUDU disc to digital.

10. genesim

Nice!

p.s. you know what is sad, it is probably cheaper to buy a used bluray that has the DVD/Digital copy in it, and see if it works that way. I am so curious about what happens. Really sucks, but will look like a wasted effort regardless. All because I stupidly got rid of the disc before I redeemed it...because I don't care about digital anyway and just want to have it for a family members digital catalog.

11. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Even if you got that to work, it would only redeem SD quality. Might as well do VUDU M2D where you have the option for HD.

genesim likes this.
  12. genesim

Good point. I am glad that people still help each other out. Why re-do information that is already troubleshooted/known by someone else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.