Digital Production vs Reel to Reel!?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by HDOM, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Analog and digital in the professional realm are sooooo close that the differences are just about negligible.

A former SH member who is a Grammy-winning engineer once posted a bling comparison between the two because he couldn't decide on which mix to use. A lot of forumites got it wrong.

tmtomh, Randoms and anorak2 like this.
  2. HDOM

HDOM Well-Known Member Thread Starter

i hear that also that more spensive it gets more hard it is to hear the difference, like for example tubes and normal amps;

but that reel to reel no normal people can get, so maybe they should start to make very cheap reels to reels or make cassette again?

3. I was about to say that. But not only the DAT deck can eat a tape, a DAT tape can get its digital data corrupted over time (bad storing, temperature, moisture, cheap and bad tape formulation) and when playing one may get plenty of digital clicks.

McLover and Randoms like this.
  4. If I was a recording engineer I'd track to analog and mix down to DSD 256, but that would be awfully expensive.

5. HDOM

HDOM Well-Known Member Thread Starter

dsd well i had heard that amps use to clip if there is sound over 20khz and speakers can not produce so hight khz frequencies that DSD have + it goes a myth that even so hight frequencies can broke your speaker tweter :faint:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.