Dire Straits MFSL - 45rpm + SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joey_Corleone, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpauls

gpauls Forum Resident

For those who like vinyl and digital depending on your preferred mastering: I already own the MSFL SACD of BIA from a couple of years ago. It sounds very nice, fuller, warmer than the original CD. Is it worth upgrading to the MFSL 45rpm given that it should feature the same mastering? Does the format (vinyl and 45rpm) provide "much" better sound?

Time Is On My Side likes this.
  2. OgOgilby

OgOgilby Active Member

Music Direct sent me a shipping notification for Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Numbered Hybrid SACD) with a tracking number yesterday (Dec 26th). Checked today and it shows "SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM CHICAGO, IL 60660".

The other four Dire Straits SACD's are showing backordered.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah, that came out in 2013 : Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

4. MichaelXX2

MichaelXX2 Dictator perpetuo

Well, December 31 came and went, and Amazon is now showing "Temporarily out of stock." I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. :shake:

Will these SACDs ever come out??

oldschool and dobyblue like this.
  5. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Any word on the SACD's? Are they holding them back for the RRHOF induction?

ponkine likes this.
  6. nfmboss666

nfmboss666 Forum Resident

I need Love Over Gold 45 RPM Vinyl... come on Mofi!

Brendan Mulhaire and Krzych like this.
  7. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

albertop and ShallowMemory like this.
  8. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

Wow, July 31st?!?

I thought about pulling the trigger on the SHM Platinum CD of Dire Straits and Love Over Gold as I already have the MFSL SACD of Brothers In Arms, but these are both OOP and ridiculously expensive on eBay. But I don't know if I can wait until the end of the summer for them.

9. Christobal

Christobal Forum Resident

10. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

Don't hold your breath for these. Just recently while oder in one step vinyl from mofi they said they had no idea when the Dire Straits were coming out as well as Breakfast in America. Hopefully in 2018, but you never know.

I have had the 45 rpm Brothers in Arm' for a few years, out standing by the way.

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Myke, MikeT, trumpetplayer and 4 others like this.
  12. Jeff57

Jeff57 Senior Member

13. Myke

Men make plans, and MOFI laughs.

Plan9, Musicisthebest and toddrhodes like this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The only shipping date I'll believe is when I get an email from Music Direct that my preorder for all of the Dire Straits MOFI SACDs have actually shipped ;). Other than that all the online "predictions" are of no value as far as I'm concerned.

MikeT likes this.
  15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

16. Claus

Claus Senior Member

CD box set coming in April, but I don‘t know what are the sources. That means... another half year delay by Mofi :D

17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

If it's Rhino the sources would be BG and RL masterings.
    Half year??? More like a year and a half.

18. Myke

19. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

jgrillo and pfausto like this.
  20. Myke

No, you're waiting. I gave up last April, cancelled my order, and went with these superior sounding Grundmans. Life's too short for me to wait and wait for something that's supposed to be bringing me pleasure.
    Being annoyed sort of ruins the whole point.
    :tiphat:

21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I have a few of the Grundmans. The pressings leave something to be desired. Besides, it's a collectors thing. 45rpm should be the cat's meow.

Bill Mac likes this.
  22. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

How do you know the Grundman mastered Dire Straits vinyl will be "superior sounding" to the MOFI vinyl when they haven't been released yet? That's like saying the Dire Straits SHM-SACDs will sound superior to the upcoming MOFI SACDs when those haven't been released either. Yes life is short but I'm patient and have plenty of music to listen to till the Dire Straits MOFI SACDs are released :D.

23. Myke

Enjoy yourself Bill, my buying more than one copy, and comparing days are over.
    I prefer to stay retired after 5 years of it, so "disposable income" is even further from my vocabulary, than it used to be.
    When I say superior now, it's a description, not a call to arms. :laugh:

pdenny likes this.
  24. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I most certainly will :). God willing and the creek doesn't rise I'll be joining the ranks of the "retired" in a few months :righton:! Hopefully "disposable income" will still in my vocabulary as it's something I'm not really willing to give up. Still have to have some fun in my twilight years ;).

25. Myke

Fun in my twilight years involves my grandsons, my son, my own health, and keeping a roof over my head. Over 2200 recordings pretty much guarantees I'll never listen to it all twice before I punch out.
    Especially these days, when I'm re-watching every episode of Adam 12.

nfmboss666 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.