Discogs collection feature

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by hbbfam, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GruveRecords

GruveRecords Well-Known Member

First of all, let me guess: That Gaucho has a gold MCA stamp, right? That's not a promo stamp. A lot of Steely Dan reissues have those. Happened sometime around 1980 when MCA bought out ABC. Their lazy way of re-branding ABC sleeves. And, Gaucho was released in 1980, so perfect timing. This is probably your issue Title: Steely Dan - GauchoUrl: https://www.discogs.com/Steely-Dan-Gaucho/release/6363176

Also, to search for a proper issue, you can literally type the entire matrix out to narrow it down. So, for instance with Hotel California you could type this: 1S 7E 1084 A -4 RE CSM "IS IT SIX O'CLOCK YET? STERLING LH. Then, its just matching up the right sleeve by checking pictures & notes for variations. Or, you can use the "find your version" feature which allows you to narrow down by format, country, year, and several other details.

2. Beachtraveler

Beachtraveler Active Member

Mmmm, I'll have to look. Could be, though mine is minus the sticker in the photo. I've not had much luck entering the entire matrix....always says there's no matches, so I gave up trying to do it that way. I tend to use the find your version tool, but then it's still dozens (sometimes) to wade through......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.