Disney Treasures DVD collections

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by floyd, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone on the forum have any of these? How are they?

There are some interesting titles like Mickey in Living Color , Mickey in Black and White, Complete Goofy and many more.

The artwork on some of these shorts are phenomenal especially if you compare to the modern cartoons.

My children are at the age to appreciate some of these and I've been considering picking several up, especially to prepare them for our Disneyland visit in a couple weeks!

2. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Floyd, if you haven't bought Mickey Mouse In Living Color yet, prepare for a shock. They are asking for a fortune for that particular one on ebay. I picked up the Behind the Scenes DVD set at Sam's Club for $19.00, though. I just bought it and haven't watched it yet.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

They are fantastic. The only caveat is that I don't have the "Disneyland" one, and can only speak for 6 out of 7. The "Vault Disney" series of classic films is outstanding as well. This includes "The Parent Trap", "Old Yeller", "Swiss Family Robinson", and "Pollyanna".

Regards

skisdlimit likes this.
  4. floyd

I saw what ebay was asking for the Mickey in Living Color. I'm hoping I can find one in one of the stores in Disneyland when Im there but I'm not so hopeful. I can find the mickey in black and white and goofy collection I will probably pick them up tomarrow.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I got the "Inside The Disney Studio" set (or what ever it is called).

Totally neat!

6. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

These are awesome! I still see the Color Mickey one at Best Buy occasionally. I have every one except Davy Crockett. Make sure you find the numerous Easter eggs on them.

7. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Floyd, my sister-in-law was in the Park on Sunday and there were no MMILC discs to be found, but if *you* do see two, snag one for me!

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I have...Behind The Scenes...Davy Crockett...Silly Symphonies...FANTASTIC!

9. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I saw some in a Tower a couple weeks ago. I don't have the Disneyland one or the Disney Studios one. I'm hoping to have Fess sign my Davy Crockett one next time I stop at the winery.

10. floyd

Yea if I find two I'll do that. I would also guess the stores around there should have been well stocked with that title.
    Mike, did you see the mickey in color at the Tower?

11. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I think it was the color one, didn't pay that much attention, which is the newest? I'm having a senile moment and can't remember.

12. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

I've got 'em all. Disney has meant a lot to me over the years especially in my youth and I couldn't live without them...hope to pass on the Silly Symphony tradition to the future grandkids one day.

The "Disneyland" title was a real treat for me because of the rare "dixieland" section with wonderful footage of Louis Armstrong & Kid Ory...worth it's price for those few tunes alone!

13. floyd

I would guess the MMILC was an early one as it is out of print. The MM in B&W seems to be eaiser to find. I'm hoping they MMILC will be like some of the mfsl stuff within the first year it went under, i.e. even though ebay prices were high new discs could still be found at best buys and web sites.

I'm with Claviusb if anyone finds an extra I'm in.
    Floyd

14. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

I'll keep my eyes open.

15. Ken_McAlinden

MMiLC was released in December of 2001 along with the Silly Symphonies, Davy Crockett, and Disneyland USA sets. They were limited to 150,000 copies.

MMiB&W was released in December of 2002 along with The Complete Goofy and Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio. They were limited to 125,000 copies.

Mickey Mouse in Living Color was probably the fastest seller of the bunch and is getting scarce.

Regards,

16. floyd

What are the Silly Symphonies?

17. Ken_McAlinden

A series of Disney shorts from the 30s and 40s. This includes the series of Three Little Pigs cartoons that spawned the Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf Song. The DVD set is a generous selection of many of the best titles from this series.

Regards,

18. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Really enjoy the" Micky Mouse in B&W". By far my favorite. The Disney I'm wanting is "The Scarecrow". Anybody else remember it? It was about smugglers in 18th (?) century England. A fun program. Read somewhere that it was to be released shortly.

19. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Patrick McGoohan wasn't it?

20. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Yes it was McGoohan. I couldn't think of his name and I'm too tired after work to go look it up. Thanks.

21. RDK

RDK Active Member

I have all but the Davy Crockett. The Mickey in color is now very hard to find and I expect the B&W one will be as well in the near future. My favorites, though, are the behind-the-scenes-at Disneyland discs.

22. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Much to my surprise, I saw several of the MMiLC discs at a store in the Downtown Disney area in Orlando a couple of weeks ago. For what it's worth, I got my copy of MMiLC a couple of months ago through www.samsclub.com

23. floyd

what is silly symphonies?

Oh yeah I should have remembered that and Warner Brothers had "Looney Tunes".

24. floyd

Is this dealing with the rides etc... or the art of the animation. I've seen these on the shelves but wasn't quite sure what they would be.

25. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Animation only.

The one you are thinking of is called "Disneyland" or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.