Disney Treasures Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by njwiv, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

From www.dvdjournal.com:

"Buena Vista will release four more two-disc limited editions from their "Walt Disney Treasures" imprint, with The Chronological Donald, Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. 2, Walt Disney on the Front Lines, and Walt Disney's Tomorrowland, all streeting on Dec. 2."

I am assuming that this means that they have finally been officially announced. Can't wait for a Donald collection!

Jay

2. RDK

RDK Active Member

Can't wait for Tomorrowland!

:goodie:

3. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

A Donald collection... my prayers have been answered. YEAH!

I wonder - do you all collec tthe Disney Treasures? I didn't bother at first - now I'm missing the "Living Color, Vol. 1", "Silly Symphonies" disc and "David Crockett". I guess I lost my chance now.

I'll try to preorder Donald, Tomorrowland and Front Lines. Maybe Amazon has something on this...!

4. Evan

Evan Senior Member

You should be able to pick them up on e-bay still. The Mickey Mouse is a little pricey, but you may get lucky. Patience is the key, and it's also a virtue.

5. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

6. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Same here about Donald!:thumbsup:
    I'm not missing this one. I'm pretty bummed that I didn't snag the Goofy set with it was everywhere. :sigh:

Dan C

7. RDK

RDK Active Member

"Tomorrowland" I'm assuming are the three World of Disney Mars shows, right? (Plus bonuses.) I have these taped off the ol' Vault Disney, but it will be nice getting better copies.

8. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

Synopsis from www.dvdplanet.com:

"Walt Disney was a true visionary, and his most far-reaching vision examined the future. During the 1950s, his investigation into space exploration and the wondrous opportunities and challenges of space travel not only came alive in several Disneyland TV shows, but helped create strong public support for The United States space program. Go back in time to the beginning of the future and enjoy four episodes and a theatrical short that delve into the mysteries of the universe and space travel -- "Man In Space," "Man And The Moon," "Mars And Beyond," "Eyes In Outer Space," and "Our Friend The Atom." You'll also get a rare look at Walt's last film, "Epcot," in which he reveals his concepts and plans for the Disney World and EPCOT projects. Other not-to-be-missed features include a special interview with noted futurist and author Ray Bradbury. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come."

9. RDK

RDK Active Member

Thanks Jay! Yeah, I've got most of those on VHS, but the other stuff should be a blast...off. ;)

10. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

The Goofy set is awesome. His "How to..." cartoons ("How to drive", "How to play tennis", etc.) are side-splittingly funny. :D

11. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I agree, that set is worth it's price for admission plus more.... :)

12. StyxCollector

StyxCollector Man of Miracles

I think I have all but the Disneyland and the Davey Crockett DVDs (both of which you can find). Say what you want about Disney editing stuff like Fantasia on DVD or trying to bury Song of the South, but they've done a great job on these.

For once, limited edition means limited edition!

13. RDK

RDK Active Member

Well, at least until they decide to make more... ;)

14. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Dang, I'm going to have to snag some of these, and the OOP ones too.
    Thanks for feeding the madness:laugh:

15. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

16. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I have a Disneyland sealed tin... I wonder if I should keep it or sell it now... :confused:

17. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

It is always a tough decision.
    IMO:
    My guess is that prices will go up from now until about December 5th, then anyone that wants to sell it all by Christmas may lower prices a bit and it may create competition for the same item. It happened last year where some Disney prices were higher in Oct than Dec.

Then again anything that is in short supply may get skyrocketing prices 3 weeks before Christmas. Then the prices go up again right after Christmas and continue up at least through Feb.

Disney land may be worth the most in 2005 when everyone sold the ones they want to sell and the prices are at least $75. It will probably be released in 2010 since Disney plans to release their films for sale to each generation of children or about every 7-10 years.

So you could buy Lion King and Sleeping Beauty this October and then sell them for $50 each in 2006. I buy retail yet if you had a business license and bought wholesale it would be a much better return. Still the stock market could have much higher returns or even a popular McIntosh pre amp or Amp or Fisher tube receiver or Thorens 124 or ??

In 2005 the HD DVD should be out so some DVDs may not be as desirable in the old low resolution 480P.

I am going to sell some now to raise cash, save some for Christmas sales and possibly keep one of each to sell the next year.

It is all a guess - yet this may provide some guidance.

18. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

19. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

In a weird way the delay is better for me, being so strapped for cash. I still would like to buy "The Lion King" and "Sleeping Beauty" before they're OOP, and the financial strain of trying to get all or some of the "Treasures" sets would just be too much. Not to mention Christmas shopping for the kiddies and stuff. Ugh!
    Dan C

20. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Dan, FYI, The Lion King is going to be just $11 on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) at Walmart.

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

And miss all those Christmas dollars!

Too bad, I already bought Nemo and Lion King at $14.99 why wait till christmas to pay $20, I doubt the Treasures would have competed with those others.

I have to admit as much as I was looking forward to the MMvol2 and Donald Duck the little less stress on the pocket book is ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.