Do you ever find yourself satisfied with your system/s?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by csgreene, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Forum Resident

I'm happy, but there's always something else you could try. :shake:

2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Not for a long time and am struggling mightily to get anywhere near satisfaction.
    A new amp has helped but nowhere near enough, so now I'm listening to speakers.

3. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

If I can end up with a spare $10k 'round retirement time, I'll be pestering our Audio Note guys about a modest CD-based system (if that's even possible for $10k in five years or so!)

4. brooklyn

brooklyn I'm all ears

I was always happy with the journey and time spent with my audio systems over the
    years. The system I have now has been with me for nearly eight years except for a newer
    cartridge. I haven’t felt the need to change a thing so now, I just listen to music..

5. Slack

Slack Forum Resident

Very happy..Yes very happy...very happy ....very happy ..very happy...........very happy..........................well..................................very HAPPY!.

6. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

I really can't complain. Of course there is always something better out there BUT the way the music SOUNDS is deeply satisfying to me (digital files and Vinyl at least). I do need a new CD Player, though...

7. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

8. new world man

new world man Member

For the most part, yes.

9. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Mostly yes.

10. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Yes, listening to the music, not the gear!

PiratesFan likes this.
  11. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I would say so, yes.

12. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

sure but I am always open to the possibility of being more satisfied.

13. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

I would say yes, although I tweak things in an effort to squeeze the most out of my system as possible. At my stage of life, I am consentrating on the music baby!:D

14. drew phillips

drew phillips Forum Resident

Same here, upgraded to a Ortofon Blue which aloud my ears to relax and embrace the music.
    As for speaker positioning, I tend to move my left side in and out as I change an album, which helps the soundstage, I listen to vocals mostly so it is impotant to get the voice right between the eyes.

15. drew phillips

drew phillips Forum Resident

It isn't final until it's VINYL.

Fiddlefye likes this.
  16. Fiddlefye

Fiddlefye Forum Resident

For me it is more like "with vinyl it is never final". I've got the digital stuff sounding very good, but in the analogue realm there always seems to be something I'd like to tweak or upgrade. For the most part I'm really happy with my systems, just working on rebuilding and upgrading my best tables at the mment. maybe when that process is finally over I'll be able to just sit back and listen for a few years? Who knows?

17. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I need a bigger room. The sound is too boxy and the bass never gets a chance to expand.

I don't have to turn it up very much before the sound gets too intense.

mwb likes this.
  18. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Have you tried room treatments? My room is pretty small, 10 x 13 or so, and the sound is big and never gets to the point it falls all over itself unless I push it to the point it hurts. Bass traps and first reflection points, as well as treating random reflections really makes a massive improvement IMO.

19. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I really don't think treatment would work. I can't move the speakers far enough away from the walls or corners to let them breathe.

20. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Fair enough, and I completely understand I don't know your situation. I'm fortunate that I have a space I can dedicate to music so spacing and aesthetics are secondary to the experience. With that said, strategic reflection treatment and bass traps can benefit almost everyone, *especially* those of us with small listening spaces :)

21. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

Very much so. Thanks to the SH forums I found out about Decware, Omega speakers, Rega turntables, Dynavector carts.....and a few other things here in there.

22. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Happiest I've been with my set up in my 40 years of audio

23. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

Since Jan this year, I've put together a system (see photo) that I'm very happy with; (SA)CD and vinyl, no speakers, just HD800s and HDVD800 headphone amp. I can't see me making any changes for a while; at the moment, all my spare cash is devoted to buying LPs:)

24. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

This is pretty much where I am - for all intents and purposes my room is about 11' x 11' x 7'. but I've found you can always do something. Also, while it might be wishful thinking on my part, I feel when you're in a semi-nearfield situation like this, acoustics can be less of a concern then in larger rooms.

25. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.