Do you guys listen to music/ASMR while sleeping?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by acemachine26, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

I listen to music all day and night while I'm working and relaxing, but for the past 40+ years I've listened to talk radio every night while falling asleep.

sekaer likes this.
  2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Clark Howard is good for that. :)

3. Dave's SG2k

Dave's SG2k Forum Resident

Janice Whaley's The Smith Project is relaxing.

4. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

5. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

6. sekaer

sekaer Forum Resident

Do I ever!

7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

10 hours of people talking / having conversation.

8. sekaer

sekaer Forum Resident

I listened to While the City Sleeps with Nimet on WQXR from 1982 to the digital age--discovered these awhile ago and love them

9. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Yes, I use headphones at night because the wife doesn't sleep well with music on. Usually a random Dead show from the Archive.

On weekends I usually wake up in the middle of the night following a listening session in the rock room. In the recliner, slightly disoriented and with music still blasting inappropriately for the hour. ;)

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

no, it would keep me awake.

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

12. bonzo59

bonzo59 Forum Resident

I love her

13. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I have to have a nature sounds machine going (crickets) and also have a small AM/FM radio that I keep under the pillow to listen to sports talk radio. If it's truly quiet at night, I wouldn't get a wink of sleep. My wife actually puts up with all this and hasn't complained even once. I guess that's subject to change at any time!

konajinx likes this.
  14. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i have never listened to asmr, i had to read what it was lol.
    BUT back in the day, before i was married essentially, i used to have a six disc cd changer. i would load it up and put it on random play repeat all night

15. konajinx

konajinx Forum Resident

I like listening to Spotify jazz playlists or some of those rainstorm playlists, as well as old radio shows or some of those stations where people read newspapers, magazines, or books for the visually impaired on the Tune In app. Other times, I just use my police scanner app and drift off to that (SOMA has a groovy station on Tune In that mixes police chatter from San Francisco and ambient music 24/7) or various shortwave channels you can also listen to on it, and when I'm really feeling funky I'll listen to NOAA weather radio for some area in another state and zonk out to that.

16. konajinx

konajinx Forum Resident

My wife demands we have some sort of noise/music/sound on at bedtime. Of course, she falls asleep before I do and starts sawing logs relentlessly, so I'm usually adjusting the volume so I can actually hear whatever we're listening to.

JamesD1957 likes this.
  17. konajinx

konajinx Forum Resident

I tried listening to an asmr station the other night. I had listened to some of them before, but not to try to sleep to. I had to switch it off fast, as the woman who was doing her little routine was driving me nuts because when she was talking, you could seemingly hear every twitch of her tongue and it reminded me of someone eating with their mouth open.

18. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I’ve listened to music in the past, on several occasions over the years, but generally I do not and mostly do not have a problem falling asleep without it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.