Do you have a memorable movie theater experience?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Sitting a few seats away from Madeline Kahn back in the early 1980s. I forget the movie.

quicksilverbudie likes this.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I've been to the Keswick once. We saw Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone (The Zombies) with Al Stewart warming up.

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I was there!! What a Show!! Al was not pleasant in signing autographs, Colin and Rod were so gracious and kind!
    Ed Sciaky walked up to the front of the line and stepped in. the guy behind him challenged him and Ed called the guy every name in the book.

Hawkeye likes this.
  4. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

When I saw The Exorcist, as the one theater showing it, I think it was an exclusive, anyway, we went on Sunday afternoon, me and two buddies I knew from HS. We were all back home for a college break. The theater was packed out, we stood in a long line wrapped around the building. Yes we each got a ticket, but by the time we got into the theater, there were not 3 seats together. I found a seat about 6 rows from the front on the aisle. As I sat in the seat I realized why it was left unoccupied. The seat mechanism was off and so the seat tilted to the left. You really couldn't just sit there comfortably. But I endured the ill-fitting seat to watch my only shot at seeing The Exorcist.

5. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

"Do you have a memorable movie theater experience?"

[​IMG]

The Centre Theatre, Toronto, circa 1963. Saturday Matinee.
    Triple bill of The Bride of Frankenstein (1935), The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958) and
    The Brides of Dracula (1960)...plus assorted cartoons & shorts....for 15 cents.

quicksilverbudie likes this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

In my book you came out on top!

Vidiot and dead of night like this.
  7. The Slug Man

The Slug Man Forum Resident

Star Wars--age 5 in 1977. My mom took me and after it was over, I was so in awe I could barely speak.

Top Gun--late 1986 at the "Dollar Theatre." I was 14. Even though it was in a crappy theater, the sound was good and the audience was really into it.

Crocodile Dundee II--summer 1988. My first movie date with a girl. Don't remember much about the movie itself.

Dazed and Confused--small theater in college, November 1993. Less than halfway through the movie, I had that feeling one rarely gets, that "This is always going to be one of my favorite movies" feeling. I went back and saw it 2 times more later that week.

The Phantom Menace--1999. Come on, it was the first Star Wars movie in 16 years, regardless of how good it did or didn't turn out to be. I remember before the film started, some 10 year old kid behind me was talking about how Jar Jar was a Gungan and trying to explain the Gungans to his parents.:D

mark renard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.